Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got an email from my company car admin team informing me that Land Rover are unable to supply my car and the order is to be cancelled at the request of LR.The order has been with LR since July, not happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the spec I went for, but LR can't build....

TD4 pure, red

Tech pack, rear cam, fog lamps.. and a spare wheel.... I wonder if the wheel is the problem now !

I've asked for more details on the BIG problem.... I'll update if I get anything

·
Registered
219 Posts
sounds worrying, I have a td4 pure on order too since June. Let us know what has gone wrong if you find out please

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seem's more like an "Urban Ledgend" to me .... I have know of many people who have ordered "new Model" vehicles through some fleet managment company only tosay XYZ company cancelled the order. It more probably means""we let you order a as yet unreleased vehicle""� (read Evoque) because we thought it would be £XXX a month as we thought we would get our standard fleet discount on the car. They now find out there's no discounts on the car (which is their mistake) so instead of saying we can't now afford to give you this car at the price we quoted, it's easier to say XYZ companyhave cancelled the order. Not saying that this is the scenario ... but it could be. I've been on the wrong end of delayed orders many times (an I am again with my RRE Pure 5door) ...orders get delayed not cancelled (by the manufacturer at least). I would be very surprised if JLR actually cancelled your order ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have spoken to the admin team today, the issue was around the complete lack ofsoliddelivery date or an alternative car (which is part of the contract with LR)while I waited... so no car new car for me this xmas. The order was accepted by LR on July, with an expected delivery date of Dec 9th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive only had my SD4 Pure order in since mid September. I was advised by my dealer to go for the 190bhp as they were not sure when they were going to have the 150bhp engine (as in yours) in production. He thought it was going to be December but now looks like possibly late January or possibly February (2012 I think!) and I was likely to get my by January (now looks like Feb though) if I opted for the bigger engine. Time will tell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After all the upset during Nov, I gota call to say I could re-order my car at the end of Dec. I wasn't give any clue about a ETA or anything, but as this was the car I wanted.... I went ahead. As you would expect, I wasn't expecting anything to happen for months... but I got a nice suprise when I got to pick up my new evoque last week. I guess I'll never know the details behind the original problem with my order, but I'm now a happy driver

·
Registered
108 Posts
oh.... thats what i call a fast delivery

wishing you all the best with your brand new car!

pics, PLEASE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really pleased things worked out... Here's my story:

I told my employer's lease company last May 2011 that I wanted an Evoque... They initially said "ok" (in writing) and gave me a price and a delivery date of November 2011, despite my existing lease ending in July 2011, and said I could keep my existing lease until the Evoque was delivered however long that took. Since then they have tried everything to get out of their original commitment, tried to force me to drop the Evoque, sent me threatening letters saying they were going to cancel the order, tried to take my previous lease car away from me and leave me with nothing, not been prepared to work with me when things have changed. LR have not helped me by delaying my Evoque. But every time the lease company has tried to push me away from the Evoque I have countered with "but you said...". Last Thursday I finally got a Pure SD4 Auto Tech 3d, and so far I am VERY happy...

The lease company told me I have only the third Evoque they have managed to deliver, that they are refusing to take any more orders for the Evoque at present, and that the few they do have on order are getting on for a year away.

AndyEdited by: Skymonster

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pleased to read all ended well. Which leasing company do you use?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts