Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After joining this forum 2 months ago and reading literally hundreds of posts I have come to the conclusion that I might well be the only 100% happy and satisfied owner of an Evoque on here. I have owned 3 different Evoques over the last 6 years, 1 diesel, 1 petrol and now a P300e hybrid model. I can honestly say that I have not had any faults or problems with any of these cars....infact they have all exceeded my expectations.
Someone please restore my faith in the JLR brand and tell me that I am not alone!

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
149 Posts
I am also quite happy. I had an XE before, so not new to JLR, and had the Evoque for a year now. No real issues, apart from an early oil change due to dilution, but that was taken care of under warranty. My only quibble was that playing music from the USB was not very reliable, and frequently slow. However, I was using a very old USB stick, and when I bought a new USB3 stick, it seems to be much slicker. So, my problem rather than JLR.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
242 Posts
Have had 5 in the household over the years and other than minor issues been happy with all of them- so far latest is the best.
Should add there have been 3 Freelanders as well - no issues with them either

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, MY20 R Dynamic HSE, Volvo 850R
2,506 Posts
I think a lot depends on whether a warranty is in place or not, just that is enough to take the shine off LR ownership. Since buying our MY16 at 2 years old in Nov 2017 we had the tailgate realigned and rear cam replaced under manufacturers warranty, then after 3 years and with a 3rd party warranty we had the timing chain replaced at 30k miles, a £2700 job if we had to pay, then small things like rear brake pads and rusty rear discs at 18,000 miles not covered even though we'd only put 3k miles on it since purchase, this should have been picked up on the 165 point check and now was at our cost, in the end we had all 4 discs skimmed on the car, pads all round for £200 I think, maybe a touch less. All in all though I've been happy with the car and we put a further 40k miles on it with no other issues, LR Chesterfield who weren't the supplying dealer were great to deal with and we decided IF we decide to buy another LR/RR then we'd buy it from them, and we have..........just still waiting on DVLA to send back my bloody replacement licence so I can take out another PCP

Had it not been for the warranty then it could have been a whole different story, I wouldn't own an LR without a warranty though so there is still something in the back of my mind

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
70 Posts
Happy here too with my third Evoque. 2 Diesels and now a fantastic p300e.

After driving many years German cars I saw the quality going down with the latest purchases

No regrets!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am all happy with my three, two diesels and my present Petrol. Have a a fourth( P250) on order for March 2022. Couple Small issues but sorted first time at the dealers.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,563 Posts
I had 2 and was very happy with both. First was a Dynamic Lux 2.2 2014 Model and no issues with it. Then had a 2016 model Dynamic Lux, only issues were misaligned tailgate (fixed under warranty) and an early oil change at 9500 miles due to dilution (again done under warranty). I usually change my cars regularly. Only moved to the F Type as my car is a weekend toy which I think I'll keep for a lot longer than I usually do as I enjoy it so much.

edited to say, my local dealer is very good. Still use them

·
Registered
530 Posts
Two nearly new Evoques in four years and happy - kind of.
No major problems but quite a few niggles (mostly software related). Quality of dealer service doesn't help.
BUT at present I can't think of another car I'd rather own.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,226 Posts
Eight years in and you don’t hear me moaning, well not very often :)

I’m sure there are thousands of happy owners out there, unfortunately most only join a forum when they have a problem.

Reactions: Doink and 4ndy

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
113 Posts
Generally people have no reason to make a song & dance out of a car that makes them happy or have no problems.
But then when things do go wrong, it gets a lot of traction and creates the perception that all are bad.
That said, JLR's reputation are very much at the bottom end of the barrel unfortunately.

But me too, still a happy owner for the time being.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Generally people have no reason to make a song & dance out of a car that makes them happy or have no problems.
But then when things do go wrong, it gets a lot of traction and creates the perception that all are bad.
Exactly....this does seem to be a problem on most forums and review sites. People mostly post about faults and their negative experiences, instead of telling others what they actually like about their car. Hopefully some of us happy Evoque owners can help to make this a more positive place. 😊

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Now mines all sorted I’m a happy owner too 👍

Reactions: PhilB and 4ndy

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I've had 5 years of happy Evoque ownership!!

My previous Merc E320CDi had the front wing and boot lid repainted (the latter twice!!) because of corrosion during 6 years of ownership. But the local Merc dealership customer service was excellent!

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
345 Posts
Very happy here.
Mine has rarely gone wrong (mainly with the German-made door locks). It has been more reliable than my VW.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very happy here.
Mine has rarely gone wrong (mainly with the German-made door locks). It has been more reliable than my VW.
Same here....6 years of total reliability from all of my Evoques but my previously owned Porsche and Mercedes cars have had many faults requiring warranty repairs....despite being far more expensive to buy and run. In my experience the quality and reliability of the so called premium/luxury brands is no better and sometimes worse than JLR....yet poor old Land Rover still get a bashing on the forums.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very happy with mine too. On my 2nd Evoque.
The problem with forums is that only people who have problems tend to post so it’s easy to think no one is happy. 🤣

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love mine to bits
Makes my 60 mile daily commute an absolute pleasure! ( despite the drivers of German cars - think it's a jealousy thing! 🤣)

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, MY20 R Dynamic HSE, Volvo 850R
2,506 Posts
Let's get one of the mods to set up a poll or two and make them a sticky, maybe are you happy with your evoque and are you happy with the dealer experience? The two might not and probably won't go hand in hand but it'd give new members an indication it's not all doom and gloom

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let's get one of the mods to set up a poll or two and make them a sticky, maybe are you happy with your evoque and are you happy with the dealer experience? The two might not and probably won't go hand in hand but it'd give new members an indication it's not all doom and gloom
Great idea....and yes it would probably need to be separate polls. It does seem that otherwise happy Evoque owners are not actually satisfied with their JLR dealership experience.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts