Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I got a red beauty and we are loving it so far.

The panoramic roof which is brilliant, 20k miles, etc.

Bit pissed off by the missing boot closing button, also there are no cameras, but hey - I am sure there are aftermarket solutions?

I would appreciate a few tips here and there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Let’s see some photo’s then, it sounds like it’s right up my street 😁

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My baby. I'd like to get some black 20" rims if they'd fit, and slightly tinted rear windows, nothing major.
Ideally that mechanism with a button for the car boot door!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Hi and welcome Chris. 20" wheels will fit no problem. Tinting the windows will improve the look a lot. As for the electric tailgate, that won't be a cheap upgrade.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
nice looking car & comes with a parking on double yellow lines exemption wow lol

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Side steps and black lettering and your ready to go 😘

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I’d go with the 20” black rims, black roof edging, black lettering & privacy glass 👍

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Side steps and black lettering and your ready to go 😘
Black Lettering a big yes and side steps a HUGE NO. Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the back windows tinted yesterday and the front ones with a much lighter tint. It does look much better.

I am reluctant to do the black lettering myself as I am afraid I'll chip the paint or something.

Is it a straight forward process? I've seen that guy on YouTube and it looks alright.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Easy if you are not dyslexic 😘

Had mine on it already thankfully 😂😂

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Hmm, black roof edging? :)

I thought it's an optional thing and there's nothing you can do about it later?!
You can get the roof wrapped black. Cheaper and simpler than painting

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
If I had the choice I’d just have the panoramic roof black ... with the white surroundings black pillars as it looks camouflaged all black ... but used to it now

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It would look something like.......

78E91C42-4E96-4B6D-8CCB-932BB7AB78FE.jpeg

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,000 Posts
Hi Chris
Welcome to the EOC! Evoque looks great 👍
The lettering is really easy if you are a practical chap, search on here there are a few posts on how to do it.
Good to see a hello intro with pictures, so many just dive in asking questions forgetting this is a forum of like minded individuals that give as well as take.

Reactions: HmmmUK

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The black roof is a factory option on mine As is the black lettering, wheels, grill, mirrors, privacy glass, black vents. I do know black wrapping is a good option for the roof around the pano glass. I think people have used both eBay and PowerUK for the black letters, it might be an idea to do a search on the forum to get more info. You can also use the likes of plastidip to paint the grill, vents, etc. It is like a rubber paint that can give good results. My understanding is that it’s a permanent solution, yet it can be peeled off if you later want to change it. I have heard of people using it on letters, but I think replacing them is probably a better solution.
Hope you find what you’re looking for. 👍

1 - 20 of 21 Posts