Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Ive had my evoque around 5 months now, everything was great, loving the car but now I am dealing with the dreaded customer service of the dealership I bought it from.

Service light came on even though it was serviced before I picked the car up. Also have the common foggy rear camera Issue and low coolant indicator. Wipers are also pretty useless!

Took the car in yesterday. Today get a call saying needs oil changed due to dilution, water in the camera housing , new coolant hose required and the wipers are worn. The guy goes through how much each item will cost. I told him I’ve only had it 5 months so it’s still under warranty. He says he needs to check with the extended warranty what’s covered.

Calls back and says the hose is covered, but not the camera or the change of oil. Of course they’re not! So I will need to pay around £600 to sort these out. No way am I paying any money what so ever.

When I bought the car the salesman gave it ”the car will be thoroughly checked over, we are not allowed to sell a car if it’s not in perfect condition“ spiel. But here I am 5 months later, only driven the car maybe 1200 miles.

So I know a few of you guys and girls have had dealings with Land Rover, who I intended to email and call on these issues. Any advice you would give me on what to put in writing? I am adamant that I should not pay a penny, the oil dilution and foggy cameras are known issues so should be sorted not at my expense!

Im off to do some searching on the forum so I can reference other cases etc and back up my problems/solutions/claims.

Thanks,

Jonny

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sorry to hear that!

Re. Dilution, from your previous posts I see you are aware of the issues.
How many miles has the vehicle done?

Did you buy a LR Approved used vehicle?
If you did strange they say the camera isn't covered.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vehicle has done just under 36000 miles.
Bought from Lancaster Tonbridge.
I have spoken with L R and they are going to set up a case so hopefully things will get resolved quickly. I’m going to mention the JLR00100 document or what ever it is.

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Firstly call landrover experience ( complaints ), explain your issues with car and dealership if it’s JLR dealership , these guys are normally really helpful , they will set up a case number !
My primary complaint would be the oil dilution... explain you were not told of the issue or driving style so you feel you’re car has been misold ... not fit for purpose also explain that you understood it that any problem with car would be rectified under the ... what you thought was a bullet proof warranty... if it’s not fixed under warranty then you will be complaining to the ombudsman as you’re first point of contact ... do not accept this

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think it's Customer Experience for customer service.
LR Experience will get you the play in the mud people :)

FWIW The camera might cost more to fix than an oil service.
It will be interesting to see if the dealership are wrong about the warranty cover!
Approved Used is supposed to be similar to buying a new one, so I hope they've got it wrong...

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
What I meant was I’d be more concerned about oil dilution than a footy camera .... oil dilution in the long term will be more expensive ...and camera should be fixed under warranty no questions asked ....

·
Super Moderator
10,474 Posts
What I meant was I’d be more concerned about oil dilution than a footy camera .... oil dilution in the long term will be more expensive ...and camera should be fixed under warranty no questions asked ....
What's a footy camera ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had our rear camera replaced under approved 12 month warranty a couple of weeks ago at Guy salmon Maidstone. Had the car 3 months now, hopefully I’ll get past 6 months before it needs a service.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you end up having to replace the camera..its fairly easy diy..New LR rear camera costs around £90 and there is a you tube vid of how to carry out the job...took me 5 minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spoke with the dealership today. I was told that if other dealers are replacing cameras under approved used warranty maybe I should try one of these. Apparently it’s the workshop manager that says what can and can’t be fixed.
In regards to the oil dilution, it’s occurred after 5 months because of the low mileage I have done! If I had driven it more then I wouldn’t have this problem apparently. I wasn’t told about this issue when I bought the car or asked what kind of mileage I’d be doing, so therefore I’ve been miss sold. Still waiting to hear back from LR. Apparently there’s a back log. Must be a lot of “happy” owners 😁😂

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
As Lancaster Tonbridge is a JLR Dealer I would think it was an Approved vehicle?? if so you should have a decent Warranty which covers all of these problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly. Thats why I went to an approved used dealer.
In regards to the dilution issue, as it’s not being done as of yet because I’m not paying for it, where do i stand if the dealer wants to give my car back so they can have their courtesy vehicle back and my engine blows up due to the oil dilution? I know the dealership will accept no blame at all, that’s for sure!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts