Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Had a fab day Green Laning around the Peak District yesterday with a group of friends. She coped just fine in amongst the Defenders and Disco's. Seriously thinking about getting an 'old' play thing though for future trips once the new car arrives!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi all,

I have just been looking at the Suv adventure tours Tom posted and that looks pretty amazing and something I am going to book myself on.

As everyone knows who has been on the experience days, the evoque is amazing off road. My girlfriend has just booked me on a full day course at eastnor so really looking forward to that too. I have been hungry to take my evoque off road since I got it. I understand people don't want to get mud on them because they are expensive toys but I say what the hell. As long as you don't ram it off a cliff face, it shouldn't be to bad.

I live near Preston and there isn't any locations around here so looks like it's a trip to snowdonia :)

Ant

·
Registered
31 Posts
first time out following my mates defender 90 http://youtu.be/IBv0IwQGe3Eand then my second time out, a little more confidenthttp://youtu.be/XqeBqokrRPc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.

This would be my 1st post on this forum as a new member.

Im in Perth Australia and really interested in exploring the capabilitesof my new MY15 Evoque.

Bought it for the wife as she was in love with the looks. Was going to get something else for myself to go offroad as WA has a lot to offer in the outback... turns out the Evoque goes offroad quite well the Land Rover salesman tells me.

Had my doubts but was very surprised when i took her out to "The Pines" today. Had a couple mates come with incase i had to get pulled out a few hundred times but their Patrol and FJ Cruiser was not needed once... and we did some real soft sand and real thick mud. It comes down to how u drive it.

Below should be a link to the facebook video upload of me goin though a mud pit in slow mo.
Let me kno w if it doesnt work. Not to savvy with computers.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153072658991560&id=655106559&ref=bookmarks

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Nice one Boz,Welcome to the forum.

The Evoque has Land Rover pedigree, if a little short of ground clearance and wading depth of its bigger brothers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Kojak!

As someone new to the Land Rover badge entirely, it definitely had a smile on my face for a solid 2 hours of the track!

I'll be talking to the dealership about raising the ride height now.
That is the only thing that will limit its capabilities. The front bumper is very low.

Most owners of the Evoque I've encountered here in perth have bought it for the fancy or "gangsta" look. They would rather lower it and add some big shiny rims with little tyres... im looking to go complete opposite.
This baby's gettin dirty!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts