Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own a Range Rover Evoque or intend to buy one in India, you must read on.

I drove with my wife from Delhi to Leh 1500 km away in our 1-year old Evoque (done only 10,000 km), and just before reaching Leh, one of the Dunlop make tyres got a 6 mm buldge in the side wall. Since the temporary tyre could take me 80 km, I reached Leh and had to airlift a new tyre from Delhi as it is not available in small cities.

Dunlop and Range Rover (AMP Motors) refused to replace the tyre, calling it an external damage. Once deflated, there is no sign of visible damage. My hard learned lesson is: Evoque is great...but if you intend to take your Range Rover off-road in India, you need a full-sized spare wheel at the cost of boot space. The standard supply with temporary spare wheel is a no no. And Dunlop tyres, do I need to say anything?

I will be happy to answer any questions.

Sunil

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi Sunil
Thanks for the tip. I think that goes for a lot of long journeys in places where facilities are limited. I remember when I lived in Canada for a couple of years having to drive a couple of hundred miles back on a space saver tyre as I couldn't get the tyre I needed on the weekend in the Ontario outback! It was a long slow journey.

Perhaps you need something like this (Evoque design concept for the Paris to Dakar Rally):

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I hope that's not Poland on the other side of the river....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts