Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just been on the off road experience today. Wow!! I was blown away by just how capable the car is. Had a fabulous time. Love car even more now!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Which one did u go to. I got one to book and will probably to Hereford - prob the only time I will
Ever go off road! Keeping a blog on twitter #evoqroadwarrior follow me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to Dunkeld. Fabulous off road tracks and some very steep hills. Scared me witless at first but hill descent is amazing. I could not believe what the car could do. Try it as soon as you can - I'm sure you'll love it!!

·
10,626 Posts
My son and I went to Eastnor Castle last Friday for a half day experience. Cost is around £200, you use their vehicles and have a choice of Evoque, Freelander, Discovery and Range Rover.

You can arrange to take your own vehicle, I prefer using theirs.

The off road stuff is superb and apparently the first one you go on can be described as tame, compared to other events.

Swanny our guide/instructor was great. Apart from avoiding the 80 odd thousand Pheasants, the drive was unreal. I let my lad drive most of it as I will be able to drive my own Evoque sometime soon.

We drove along rutted tracks, in very wet conditions, we went up hill, downhill, did hill starts, went over the Elephant footsteps where the car was balancing on two wheels and went into the dugout and had the car on a 30% sideways incline, as well as driving through deep puddles.

The hill descent control (forwards and reverse) is mind blowing the car tackles inclines that you would not believe and all on road tyres.

Boy oh boy was it addictive, already planning another visit.

I recommend this, do it if you can, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to one at Luton Hoo. It was good fun, and it was good to see what the car can do (to answer an earlier post, no, you don't use your own car, they have one on site that is very similar to yours.)<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

My favourite bit was going down Pilots Hill (the steep hill) - foot off the brakes, go zoom down the hill, listen to the lovely crunching sound when you reach the bottom.

Apparently the bottom was a bit too deep for the Evoque. They didn't press charges though.

Go, and enjoy!

Edited by: RobF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts