Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone yet been on the off road experience day in the evoque. If so how did the car perform and which off road centre did you go to. Looking to book mine in early January.

Dynamic coupe in white

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi, I went to LR Experience near Skipton in North Yorks. Car is unbelievably capable off road given that it hasn't got a low ratio box. The day is a mix of on and off road driving and well woth going on - especially if you've got it as a freebie through your dealer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, we did one of the LRE courses in the Evoque at Peckforton Castle in Cheshire about four weeks ago.

We had an absolutely BRILLIANT time and the setting was fab. The Evoque proved itself on and off road and absolutely convinced us that we have bought the right car....sadly we don't get to pick ours up until March 2012!!

It handled all of the tough terrain that all the Land/Range Rovers go on (with the exception of the Defender which does stupid stuff!) and in such superb comfort.

One last thing, the instructor that we had was a really good bloke called Wayne and he looked after us well and kept pushing us to get the most out of the car. Well worth your time doing a LRE as you will fully appreciate what the car does, even if you never do anything like it in your own vehicle.

Good luck....and enjoy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Iwould be really interested in going on an off road day in an Evoque.

Was this offered by LR when you bought the car or have you just arranged it independantly?

I don't want to book something & then find out I should have got it for free.

We got a box of chocs & champagne (still can't openthem as it felt like a half hearted attempt at anapology)..... much rather have had the off road day & better service tho'

almost 2000 miles and still only getting average of 31mpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, do they use manual or auto RRE for the off road day? I remember years ago that the Freelander they used was automatic, which surprised me then but it was brilliant. Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dealer was handing out ouchers for LRE on launch night although I didn't get mine til I collected the car. Just be cheeky and go in and ask for one !

Both cars on the LRE I went on were autos; SD4 on road and Si4 off road. Wrong way round to my mind but hey ho !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree, seems wrong way round given Dynamic has lower approach and departure angle from Pure & Prestige.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did one in Luton and it was great, no rushing and the Evoque was very good. The trainer kept encouraging us to push the car as far as we wanted to. Great fun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had an amazing day at Rockingham LRE few weeks ago. Buckingham Blue 5 door petrol Prestige auto. No queues, just my brother & I. Mix of on -off road & get chance to really push car & test your abilities. Going back when pick up car for a longer day.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Methane_Boy said:
Have booked the SD4 Dynamic LRE at Eastnor Next Tuesday. Will let you all know how it goes and will try to remember some pictures!
I look forward to hearing about that, we go there late December, hoping for it to be really messy off road.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So, fresh from the Eastnor Land Rover Experience, I post a few photos of a Prestige SD4 being put through its paces.
It's all pretty tame stuff to be honest, as I was at the wheel for all the good stuff! Lots of mud and hills and rocks and other slippy slidey stuff in the wet.

Having done thesame LRE in the RRS, I can say that even without the low ratio gear box and adjustable height suspension, the Evoque can go pretty much anywhere its big brothers can go!

Have also posted a Youtube video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgbSNg9jJiM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello,I had a great day 3rd December at Land Rover Experience in Dunkeld, Perth, Scotland with the instructor called Gilbert. We started off road driving and he showed off the Parking Aid which I never spec'd but now wish I had. We then went into the forest is had been raining heavily so their was a lot of water about, got the car over to 27 degrees as measured by my iphone. All in all a great day and a very capable car on and off the road.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Make a note of the REG number.....if you ever see it for sale on a LR forecourt with5000 hard miles on it....you know to give it a wide birth !!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
A great tip Mortz!

On a separate note, did you have a reduced allocation for December? I am trying to gauge the overall picture. If so, were you assured that your January allocation would be increased to make up any shortfall?

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Methane Boy.

Thanks for that. Can't wait now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts