Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have our test drive arranged for tomorrow, so in terms of which model to go for, a decision is more likely to be formed tomorrow, along with a load of questions for the sales rep.

Although we prefer the coupe styling, practicalities will likely dictate going for the 5 door.

Two issues we need to address and have been discussed on this forum are, prefer the model to have twin exhausts, one each side of the car, most of our recent and current car have this feature.

Model choice, original thoughts were to go for the dynamic, but having read the What Car review, they tested a 5 door 2.2 Pure, it gets an excellent review. My question regarding, the Pure model is that I read on here somewhere following the dealer launch day that it had a plastic dash, but on the what car test and pictures confirm this, that the dash is leather covered. Can anyone confirm this.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
88 Posts
The dash is made from recycled plastic in the pure & dynamic options only way to get away from it in dynamic is opt for dynamic plus pack £3K the prestige has leather dash as the rest of the interior and is a far better finish. Test drove yesterday
KevEdited by: kevoque

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wait until you see one for yourself before judging, as I was a little worried about the whole quality thing too, however I have ordered the Pure 2.2 SD4 Auto with a whole load of extras and am delighted with my choice. I can't say I noticed any particular inferiority in the quality of the dashboard in the Pure I looked at last night at my Dealer event. I test drove the prestige today and yes the Leather dash is lovely, but the jump in price between the pure and prestige is big and I don't feel I am that desperate for the Leather dash! hope this helps

·
Registered
134 Posts
i opted for the Pure and to be honest cant give a hoot if its plastic or not as they say plastic is fantastic
anyway dont see the horrah about a leather dash anyway !!!! my opinion only mind you

·
Registered
7 Posts
As others have said wait till you see it in the flesh. The Pure and Dynamic (non-plus) have a "soft effect" dash that while not leather is still a lot nicer than the hard plastic dash you would normally find in a non-premium car.

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been on the configurator.

I'm OK with the Pure now, SD4 Barolo Black or Firenze Red, Ebony Leather, Pure Style Pack, Keyless, Electric Seating option, Front Parking, Xenons, Front Fogs,Privacy Glass, don't seem to be able to spec the wheels though 20' Sparkle Style 6.

Not so 'not decided yet' now eh.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
361 Posts
Although the pure dash is made of recycled materials along with the door cards etc...i Encourge you take a look for yourself " now they are here to see" i think you will be pleasantly surprised how good they look.....the feel and look still remainpremium

1 - 9 of 9 Posts