Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, although I have been reading it for a long time. Ordered SD4 dynamic coupeJan 11, promised mid-October and sold my Audi TT 3 weeks before and as per many people it was delayed
. Anyway I may be lynched for this, but I was one of the lucky people getting good customer service from Land Rover Head Office who lent me a SD4 Pure with Tech pack and a few other bits and I had it for 6 weeks until my baby arrived! Great to get used to the car before getting my own and could compare the difference between a pure and dynamic
. Anyway I have always used offyourmarks.com detailing for my TT, and got the owner Matt Wakefield to Nanolex it (see his website for details). I have known Matt 4 years now and just wanted to recommend him as he is a perfectionist with cars. Whilst the pictures are just quick snaps, thought I would post them for you all to see.

I know that it is really difficult to find someone to Trust with your baby, but you can rely on Matt, he is based near Warrington/Manchester and has a courtesy car as well. By the way I am not on commission for this, it is a genuine personal recommendation.

·
10,626 Posts
skicat.

Can't wait to hear what your impressions are between the ownership of a Dynamic and the Pure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey skicat...,
I must admit your car does look great,I've been looking to getting mine done before I collect it in march, I think it's all comes down to who do you trust to do a good,delicate job on your new 40-50K toy,
how do I go about getting it done at the LR dealers prior to collection?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Seems that those 'Nanolex' products are not available yet here in Belgium. Where to order?
Official German website

http://www.nanolex.de/en

Are these products a good investment, and witch products will i need to get a good result?
Don't have a clue. Does someone knows?

thanks

Edited by: irishred

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obviously what you put on the paint is important, but the preparation is the key step and doing that well is important. Matt told me the dealer had not put polish on the car at all and in fine detail there were tar spots all over which he removed - the dealer prep is often awful really. Essentially there are two routes to go - a polish or a sealant - depending on the quality of what is being used a polish is generally a deeper quality of shine and sealant more protection, but there is overlap. Nanolex is a really good quality sealant and gets great reviews. Matt has done a lot of research and has found this to be an excellent product. For me time will tell yet - getting first wash by me this weekend so will see if it makes washing easier.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use mcguires clay kit to get rid of the road film, then a layer or auto glym resin polish followed by a coat of collonite.

Leaves a fantastic finish and feels like glass.

or there is a company that do a product called air glaze. This is a protective resin that go onto helicopters. They are just branching out to cars.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Jake

I have ordered Supaguard treatment from the dealer for my Evoque. It's costing £399 and just wondered how this compares to the work you had done ine terms of quality and cost.

Hope you don't think me cheeky for asking!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thats only £50 more than RR want to charge me for Supagard!

Both yours and Skiicat's results look amazing!! Do you think it look markedly different to when you collected it new or would that be going too far?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was quoted £450 for gtechniq(to include interior and glass) before discount. As my car was delayed, the dealer arranged for GardX to be applied, free of charge, so I will wait a while before getting the gtechniq done. I am aware that gtechniq is considered to be of far better quality than GardX.

I hope to get the 20% discount off the £450 in due course.

·
Registered
120 Posts
James I wouldn't say it looks massively different from new but it is incredibly easy to clean. The little bottle of Gtechniq G-wash given to me by the dealer has lasted 4 months and it looks tremendous after a wash !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts