Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's evoque make a kind of beeping noise from when you unlock the car to when you start the engine. I think it may be something to do with the power/transformers for the headlamps, but wanted to check if it normal.

(I am not talking about the beep when you double lock it)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi
is this a high pitched low(ish) volume squeek?

It does it on mine and also did it on the Freelander I had for 3 weeks before.

All normal I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know if you have xenon?

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Could it be the fuel pump being primed?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hear my xenons make about the same noise when I open my car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a feeling it was the xenons too, if rob.angus hears the same high pitch noise on a freelancer too i am guessing its normal. deffo sounds like the electrics doing something and it stops after about 40 seconds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi
Yes can confirm it happened on a Freelander and was identical noise - it's not the Zenons though - the Freelander didnt have any.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
That is why I believe it is the fuel pump.

The only other internal thing I can think of is the hdd navigation consuming some power.

I don't suppose anyone from JLR is looking on, who could offer their opinion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have had a Freelander 2 for a few years now (and are patiently waiting our Evoque) and have always had a high pitched low volume "whiring" noise after unlocking the car prior to starting the engine.

I agree that it is probably something like the fuel pump or other electrics firing up. We do not have any nav unit but do have xenons but don't think that it is them either.

Still no definite answer but my feeling would be that the sound is "normal"....

·
Registered
118 Posts
If it's a diesel, it may be the glow-plugs pre-warming the engine in readiness for a quick start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,I found it annoying too and asked at the dealers. They noted it is an electronic sound and that it has to do with the diesel engine. According to them nothing to worry about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts