Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Pure Tech, Pano Roof, Diesel, Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all - I'm new so sorry in advance if you advised on this already, I did try to find this in other threads but not quite!

just noticed my front right headlight has gone but find it odd there is no subsequent 'warning' / reminder on my dash board? booked in with JLR and apparently it is Halogen if that makes any difference.

my discovery sport always told me everything, i didn't even have to think about service / washer fluid / tyre pressure etc etc so am now wanting to understand if this has that feature or not (2013 SD4) in fact even my old audi warned me about bulbs etc

look forward to advice and thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
No, the old model doesn't tell you, my xenon ballast went and no warning was shown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the old model doesn't tell you, my xenon ballast went and no warning was shown.
wow - how basic! thank for the intel. so this means i shouldn't wait for it to advise me on tyre pressure or services due?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
wow - how basic! thank for the intel. so this means i shouldn't wait for it to advise me on tyre pressure or services due?
No - just lights!

NB. It's worth updating your forum profile with vehicle year and spec so people can easily see what you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No - just lights!

NB. It's worth updating your forum profile with vehicle year and spec so people can easily see what you have.
great tip thanks so much - so we are saying it SHOULD / WILL tell me re services etc it is only the lights that it doesn't

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Yes, there are plenty of warning lights(!) see your handbook for details :)

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
Tyre Pressure will Depend if your Model has TPMS fitted, they were an option before they eventually became law.

Note the early ones also don't have a Brake wear warning light either.. well it uses the fact they will get noisy when worn out!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yes, TPMS didn’t become mandatory on new vehicles until 2014.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts