Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Evoque Dynamic Lux SD4 Auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have fitted a tow bar and 13pin socket to my 2015 Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto, removed from my old Evoque Pure Tec. I now find the fridge in the caravan not working while traveling and have checked 13pin socket and find no power to pin 10 which supplies the fridge when the engine is running. Socket has dedicated wiring which plugged into sockets at nsr of vehicle. Do i need a recode or relays etc. Thanks for reading and any advice given.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Beafeater not sure if this will help you but when I fitted my towbar there were 2 x15amp fuses one for position 48 and the other in position 67 also a relay R5 all in the fuse box behind the glovebox.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Beafeater not sure if this will help you but when I fitted my towbar there were 2 x15amp fuses one for position 48 and the other in position 67 also a relay R5 all in the fuse box behind the glovebox.
Hi Silverado thanks for your reply, i will have a look tomorrow and post back on here the outcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Silverado thanks for your reply, i will have a look tomorrow and post back on here the outcome
Hi,Silverado had a look today, both fuses are there and test ok but R5 Relay is missing. I see it is a 4pin. Do you know if it is a general purpose relay or do i have to go to jlr for a genuine one. Would a 12v 20 amp one be ok?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Beefeater sorry but not sure about what relay to use, 2 things you can look at though Google VPLHT0061 which was the Fitting instruction for the 13 pin Towbar Electrics and the illustration showing the relay position etc is LRA1077 but it doesn't give any technical details sorry.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Beefeater, just been searching on the net and some one on Baby Range Rover has commented about no fuses or relay in his tow bar kit, somebody has quoted that you only need the relay if you need the charging circuit on pin 10, someone has quoted a relay which is a Ford part 5M5T-14B192-AA might pay you to have a look.

Reactions: PhilSkill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Beefeater, just been searching on the net and some one on Baby Range Rover has commented about no fuses or relay in his tow bar kit, somebody has quoted that you only need the relay if you need the charging circuit on pin 10, someone has quoted a relay which is a Ford part 5M5T-14B192-AA might pay you to have a look.
Hi again, many thanks for your help, i have ordered a relay from my local car parts supplier today. Will arrive monday but not able to collect from them until next sunday, so will fit then, will let you know if it works ok. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts