Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
If you have it, just switch it off as part of your start up routine.
not overly convinced of fuel savings or environmental benefits of this gizmo-just potentially dangerous.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would agree with you Maffy since in a queue of standing still tailback trafffic, the engine switches off while stationary BUT does automatically start up again in approximately 3 minutes as if it is programmed to do so, assuming that the vehicle is at a set of traffic lights when it isn't! I also am not convinced too about any fuel savings or environmental benefits.

MY63 SD4 Coupe, auto(9)+paddles, Pano, satnav, rear cameras.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Joined Mar 28, 2014
812 Posts
#59 Dec 1, 2017
EarlieP said:
I bought a CTEK extension cabled it is wired permanently from the battery to the female socket which fits nicely into the front grill, so no bonnet lifting for me!!!!
Just bought and fitted one - write up HERE

Re the above, the link doesn't seem to work. I need to buy and fit one of these. I think I've identified the conditioner but I don't want to send off for it until I'm sure that I've ordered everything that I need. I also need to be sure that poor little me can fit it on my own so I am looking for the best and easiest solution even if it costs a little more.

CTEK say that their Cig Plug accessory can be used IF there is power to the cigarette lighter when the engine is switched off. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
Hi. I couldn't find a working link - it was from a few years ago and the forum has changed s/w a few times.

I can see some forum chat about the CTEK MXS 5.0.
It gets great reviews on Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3dL3EJn

£72 with nearly 3000 reviews.

I think with the current 'Covid lockdown' lots of us will be seeing battery issues - might be getting one of these myself!

I don't think think the 'cigarette lighter' is connected with the power off. You could test it by plugging something in :)

61 - 64 of 64 Posts