Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought my first Evoque and joined this group.

I have, unsuccessfully, searched the forum for similar posts so apologies if I'm repeating anyone.

My query is my stop/start does not turn on. The light on the switch illuminates and the message on the dash tells me stop/start in on/off etc. Having read other posts on the issue I decided to search for the eco battery but I have no battery! There is a gap where the battery should be and no loose cables.

Did all Evoques have stop/start? Is it possible mine has been removed? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
Early Automatics did not have Stop Start, but I assume your's is a manual as you have the button and get a message on the dash.

It rarely works on early models generally anyway especially one the cold weather kicks in, I've never looked to see if mine has an Eco Battery, which some peoples have.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had my MY14 for a couple of months now and my Start/Sto has never worked. I also have the button to enable/disable the function, but I've not looked to see if the Eco battery is there yet.

Not too bothered to be honest...but if it's there, I guess it should be working

·
Registered
106 Posts
There is a software update which seems to improve the reliability of the stop start. Mine didn't work for months and had the dealer look at it they charged the battery (I have tried the charger that is recommended on this forum) and it worked for a while and it still does but not reliably!!

Basically its too clever for its own good, bit like you can't listen to the radio for more than a few minutes before it gets turned off (without engine running)!!

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Why would anyone want to use the stop/start thing anyway?

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
It has been the most used button on my last 3 vehicles.
OFF !!!!!
I agree MaffyHate stop start.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Spiderman said:
OFF !!!!!

I agree 100%

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
Spiderman said:
OFF !!!!!
Yep, Start then Eco OFF.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mine take about 200 miles to get any charge in the battery now then next day its dead again. saying that i do like it though.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Ok Phillskil....you got me.....
The start button was the most used

·
Registered
106 Posts
CTEK Multi MXS 5.0 12V Car Battery Smart Charger & Conditioner

I must say that this charger made no difference to my Stop/Start (over a period of a week or so) although the main dealers charger seemed to make a difference overnight!!

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
OK, Sequence:- Engine start, Stop/Start -OFF, Sport mode engaged-ENJOY!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
If I put mine in Dynamic the Stop/Starts turns off anyway, so I could just go

Start : Dynamic... Enjoy. (Oh then turn off Dynamic as it too harsh on the crappy Oxforshire roads!!!)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Start stop is like marmite, you either hate it or suffer it.

I always switch mine off at start of every journey, to save on engine wear and save battery from having to be replaced early in its life.

Start stop is just green legislation imposed on us and saves just about nothing in fuel. Not only that but it is very dangerous, as you do not want it cutting out in a bad situation like a busy junction, and having to restart, which could just be the few seconds you need to save yourself.

Its the most stupid thing ever imposed on the driving population.

And why does it not have a real off/on switch, so once its switched off, it never works again, unless you want it to? Pathetic is the word.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
My freelander stop/start allowed you to turn it off for good, why oh why not in the Evoque, now just part of my start up procedure- scares the hell out of me if I forget and the motor dies at a junction!!!!
All because of arty farty tree huggers who live on lentils and hand crochet undergarments---GRRRRR!

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
Just be glad we still have an off switch!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts