Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,394 Posts
Between the ages of 18 and 20 I used to drive everywhere on the rev limiter, that was till such time that the police and a magistrate decided a year away from driving would do me some good - it did, now I just waft along without a care in the world

Reactions: Valisk 61

·
Registered
69 Posts
So did I Doink. But fortunately I couldn't afford anything capable of breaking the speed limit no matter how hard I thrashed it.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
My first car was a Mini that would only do 50 ish flat out & everything shook so much you couldn’t see through any of the mirrors.
I was pulled over in a 60 limit by 2 lovely officers and asked if I was aware how fast I was going. When I explained the above, they decided to check all my documents, & then looked at all my tyres, & kept me at the side of the road for @ 20 minutes while they did some checks over the radio.
I ended up being 10 minutes late for work & as a 17 year old new starter, I was taken into the office & given a warning about getting to work on time.
I did hold such a healthy respect for our wonderful traffic officers from that point on.

Reactions: Col_C and Veteran

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Just checked the rear tyre codes, 1 is 3013 ( strange as car registration is Jan 13) and other is 5317!!

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
520 Posts
Just checked the rear tyre codes, 1 is 3013 ( strange as car registration is Jan 13) and other is 5317!!
lol not many week 53's about I would guess.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Apparently it was made on 31/12 which is 53rd week that's why tyrr numbers go up to 53, something new learned today.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque, 2LT ED4, SE Tech, Black with White Leather Interior & Privacy Glass
51 Posts
Have always got the cheapest tyres I could find on my cars, not anymore though now I’ve got this Evoque

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,196 Posts
Wow, this simple tyre thread went massively off topic and the got dragged back on to tyres.

Someone asked how do you drive an Evoque to get 60 to 80,000 miles from the tyres?
Just drive like a normal person, an SUV is not a race car, it weighs 2 tonnes, cornering or braking hard will be tough on tyres, brakes, bearings, etc.

So all you have to do is buy good quality rubber (Pirelli Scorpion) and drive with some mechanical empathy and you’ll be set for the next 60,000 miles.

Reactions: Bangor Mark

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,196 Posts
Good choice 👍

61 - 70 of 70 Posts