Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contract Hire, Invoice & Replacement GAP insurance policies normally have to be purchased within a limited period of time after taking delivery of your vehicle (with us it's 6-months for Contract Hire GAP and 3-months for Invoice & Replacement GAP). Further... once cover is in place, they're not normally renewable.

What happens if you've had your vehicle longer than the permitted timescale?

What if your existing GAP insurance policy is approaching expiry but, you're keeping the vehicle beyond the expiry date?

Announcing: "Top-UP" GAP insurance

If you have a car that is less than 8-years old, which you took delivery of more than 3-months ago and is worth no more than £80,000, Top-Up GAP insurance might be the answer!

It's an annual policy and can be renewed as many times as you need until such time as your vehicle reaches 8-years old and with prices starting at just ~£68 per year, it's great value too!

How Does It Work?

If your car is written off through accident, fire, theft or flood, your Motor Insurance policy is only good for paying you what your vehicle was worth (aka the "Market Value") at the time of loss. Top-Up GAP insurance will top-up that payout by a further 25% (max £10k) and reimburse you up to £250 of any excess paid to your motor insurer too!

More information:

Click here for more information about and/or to get a quote for Top-Up GAP insurance.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
fantastic company so easy to deal with .... have been with you twice now :)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Currently have 3 cars with this company, very easy to deal with, hope they are just as easy in event of having to make a claim. 😁

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Currently have 3 cars with this company, very easy to deal with, hope they are just as easy in event of having to make a claim. 😁
often wondered that lol .... have never had to make one but Gap hope it's easy to claim if we do ;)

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
I’ve got their insurance and found them very easy to deal with. Not sure when mine runs out, (I got it last year) or if I can renew it when needed. Presumably they will notify me when renewal is due.

·
Vendor
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
often wondered that lol .... have never had to make one but Gap hope it's easy to claim if we do ;)

The claim process is designed to be as straight forward as possible so it should be relatively easy. Claims are handled by a third-party company acting on our and the insurer's behalf however, we aim to be in touch with you regularly during the claim process to ensure that things proceed as smoothly as they're intended and ultimately to try to ensure that any issues which may arise are dealt with speedily before becoming a wider problem and causing any unnecessary delays.

I’ve got their insurance and found them very easy to deal with. Not sure when mine runs out, (I got it last year) or if I can renew it when needed. Presumably they will notify me when renewal is due.

If you have Contract Hire, Invoice or Replacement GAP insurance with us Veteran, it won't be renewable but, subject to eligibility criteria you'll be offered Top-Up GAP insurance upon expiry.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
The claim process is designed to be as straight forward as possible so it should be relatively easy. Claims are handled by a third-party company acting on our and the insurer's behalf however, we aim to be in touch with you regularly during the claim process to ensure that things proceed as smoothly as they're intended and ultimately to try to ensure that any issues which may arise are dealt with speedily before becoming a wider problem and causing any unnecessary delays.

If you have Contract Hire, Invoice or Replacement GAP insurance with us Veteran, it won't be renewable but, subject to eligibility criteria you'll be offered Top-Up GAP insurance upon expiry.
Thanks for that info. It’s not Contract hire, I buy my cars outright so it must be Replacement GAP ins.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
A quick side note for newbies that I haven’t told.
Question asked above “what are they like when it comes to a claim.”
My experience:
I didn’t even have a policy with these guys but called them and asked for a quote as my daughters car had already been written off.
She had lost a fortune as insurance only paying out market value and she owed more on finance.
GapInsurance helped me fight a case against the insurer who was refusing to pay the full value of vehicle.
Within weeks I recovered the full value of the car......wouldn’t have done that without advice from these guys.
Forever grateful.
I now have 6 policies with Gap covering 6 family vehicles......
It’s crazy not to have cover for what it costs and I found them very helpful indeed helping with a claim against insurer.
Thanks again GAP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts