Evoque Owners Club banner

New To This. New P300e R-Dynamic HSE Ordered April 2020

34K views 335 replies 28 participants last post by  Doink 
#1 ·
I had a RR Sport prior to this and wanted to down size a little so, after looking at all the alternative, decided on the P250 R Dynamic HSE. I had asked about the hybrid but was advised that it wasn’t due out till 2021. So I handed the dealer the keys to my sport and was told that I should have the P250 some time in June. That was March 20th. A few days later lockdown was announced and obviously June delivery went out the window.
A few weeks I was browsing through the LR site one day and noticed that they had launched the PHEV version. I contacted Stratstone in Cardiff where I’d ordered my p250 from askingif I could swap it to a P300e. Eventually we agreed but they couldn’t give me a delivery as LR was shut. Once they had reopened I had a provisional date of mid Septembe, that was recently updated to the 7th.

I had a bit of a senior moment when ordering and specd it quite a bit. Summary below:-
Auto High Beam Assist (AHBA)
20" Style 5079, 5 split-spoke, Gloss Black
Gradated Linear Dark Aluminium trim finisher
16-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Two-zone Climate Control with Second Row Vents and Temperature Control
Advanced Tow Assist
Firenze Red
360o Surround Camera
Ebony Morzine headlining
Heated steering wheel
Electrically adjustable steering column Black contrast roof
Deep Garnet/Ebony perforated Windsor leather seats with Deep Garnet/Ebony interior
Privacy glass
Detachable tow bar
MeridianTM Surround Sound System Fixed Panoramic roof.

i have to say that to date the dealer has been very good in terms of communication. Can’t wait to get behind the wheel now.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a very comprehensive spec you have chosen, good choices.

#4 ·
I am sure you will be very happy with it-it ticks all the boxes.

#6 ·
I am sure ypou will be very happy with it-it ticks all the boxes.

#12 ·
What free umbrell?
i had one from Likes when I bought the sport but wasn’t sure if it was all across the LR dealerships

#8 ·
You are free umbrella?

#11 ·
😂

#13 ·
If you don't ask you won't get. Sometimes you don't get even if you do ask 🤔

#14 ·
I've asked for an umbrella for the last four car purchases but never got one, apparently the latest dealer doesn't stock them - did get a free load liner though.

Reactions: XZ4
#16 ·
I got a Range Rover umbrella, a Jaguar umbrella, side steps supplied & fitted half price, free fitting on Jaguar front mud flaps and a piece of chocolate birthday cake from the lovely young lady in the workshop office 😀 you just have to ask (or have the dealer directors mobile number on speed dial) 👍

#17 ·
Range Rover umbrella - very posh. I thought they were Land Rover !!!!!

#18 ·
Excellent spec you’ve chosen. I'm finding the relatively short wait for my brand new Evoque blooming frustrating.

Should I expect a free item them when I collect my new First Edition hopefully next week? Umbrellas seem to be mentioned a lot here!

I saw a video of someone collecting their new Evoque and receiving a black folder with the two key fobs held in them, along with a leather fob.

#21 ·
It's certainly worth trying to get something for free - rubber mats or a load liner are always a good option.

#20 ·
Thanks.

Oh that’s exciting, thought that was just a specific dealer thing.

#22 ·
Mine says Range Rover 😀

Reactions: XZ4
#23 ·
I got the box but no umbrella & I did ask 🙁

#24 ·
I still have my Unopened LR Brolly-now in garage and probably will remain unopened for some reason!

#26 ·
Bad news
just had an email from dealership to say that collection is now around 28.09 not 07.09 as previously estimated
another 4 weeks

#30 ·
@Dansam Has your car gone into build yet?

The reason I ask is you may be fortunate enough to get some of the new updates announced by LR yesterday?

Its worth asking the dealer to find out as I have done.

#27 ·
Great news. I would however treat that date with a pinch of salt as well.

My car disappeared in the factory build system due to Covid. Eventually released and due for my pickup on the 1st September.

#36 ·
When have they given you as the new pick up date?
So, my ‘guess’ is your car hasn’t started life yet as a bag of bits and a lump of metal, right?

As we know these units take circa 2 days to build...correct?

Therefore, you could/should be getting the new updates announced by LR yesterday.

I chased my dealer on this subject yesterday and still await their reply.

LR say “all NEW Evoques will come with these new upgrades”...my question is, when did LR decide this and does it have an upgrade impact on vehicles ordered some time back but not yet built?

I know I’m being picky for new tech, but as I’m shelling out £54k for a 4WD Fridge Freezer, I wanna make sure it has the latest ice cube maker fitted it to it. 😂
what updates are they?

#28 ·
Have you asked for the Vista2 summary which the dealer will have sight of?

#32 ·
You can see my Vista2 detail in this post:

Halewood closed for the Summer shutdown from the 24/07/20 until the 17/08/20, so nothing was occurring during that time.

#37 ·
I’ve looked at your vista report and it has the same type of flowchart as the one the dealer sent me

#35 ·
To update you all on the conversations I've had with both dealer and JLR direct regarding the above changes to specs / builds!

Dealer - didn't know anything about the press release and I was told the Pivi infotainment system is only available on the Defenders and will eventually make it's way through the whole fleet but unsure when.

JLR - said that the Pivi Pro system is only currently available on the new Defender at present.

I responded to both asking them if they'd seen the press release at all and whether they were aware the online configurator is suggesting something different to what they are telling me.

#43 ·
FFS...how to lose faith in both the manufacturer and the dealership in one day! Do they both know that they offer a Hybrid by chance? 😂😂😂

#45 ·
The good old balloon blowers of JLR‘s Marketing department...how to confuse your customers overnight 👏👏👏

And well done to their Dealerships for continuing to not know what day of the week it is 👏👏👏👏

#46 ·
If I’m correct with price then I’m gonna ask to change to the Nolita Grey with navy interior in the autobiography

Reactions: ukcommander
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.