Evoque Owners Club banner
161 - 180 of 336 Posts
Discussion starter · #161 ·
Ordered mine back in August with a November date, I did expect delays with the current climate. They offered me to cancel my order in October for free due to the CO2 figures and BIK tax changing, It got pushed back to end of December, then January, then March! Update yesterday it’s now due 22.02.21 so back in by a few weeks. After reading on here so many people having dates moved back - do you think I’ll receive in February? Lex auto can’t give me much of a detailed update so it’s a waiting game now I am told ... just the 7 months n counting 😳
Ordered mine March

Reactions: JO16
Ordered mine back in August with a November date, I did expect delays with the current climate. They offered me to cancel my order in October for free due to the CO2 figures and BIK tax changing, It got pushed back to end of December, then January, then March! Update yesterday it’s now due 22.02.21 so back in by a few weeks. After reading on here so many people having dates moved back - do you think I’ll receive in February? Lex auto can’t give me much of a detailed update so it’s a waiting game now I am told ... just the 7 months n counting 😳
I ordered mine just before you and still don't have a date 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: JO16
just got an update to say my car should be ready in approx 5 days 🙌🏻

Excellent.

Don’t forget to try and get your dealer to post some photos if you can’t get to see if before collection.

Reactions: Dansam
Discussion starter · #167 ·
Excellent.

Don’t forget to try and get your dealer to post some photos if you can’t get to see if before collection.
Oh trust me, he’s on strict orders to let me know the minute it arrives.. I’ve been plaguing him since he said it had been released by JLR. He will be glad to get the car off his forecourt and me off his back

Discussion starter · #168 ·
Excellent.

Emailed the dealership this morning and promised to send photos and videos of the car. Will keep you advised

The Velar is up for MOT in March and the warranty also runs out then. As a result I got in touch with my dealer on Monday and enquired about a hybrid Evoque. Bottom line is had the offer of 2 white Evoques with black pack currently being built. After much soul searching overnight placed order yesterday for a 300e SE in Fuji white with black roof, black pack and pano roof. It should be at the dealers on 15th February. Will miss the Velar it has done us well for the past 3 years but have had to give up boating etc so dont need the larger boot anymore😩.
Now just got to sort out a home charging station, GAP insurance and look at insurance where pano roof is covered under the glass section and not body damage section (Velar a tin top). All more expense you dont think of initially. But what do they say? One life live it👍

Just been advised my car has been registered and given a number. Awaiting arrival at dealership

Dansam - Getting close now - any update or date for pickup?

Discussion starter · #172 ·
The dealership assured me that they’d let me know the moment it arrives with them (due Friday)
I’m actually beginning to think it’ll actually arrive this time. I’m looking at probably Monday for collection if it arrives Friday and they if they work on Saturdays, it needs to have an overnight for the Guard X to go off. Other than that it’s just a valet.
fingers crossed

Trust me Rencar. I’ll be on here as soon as they tell me it’s arrived

Reactions: DKZ5745
Great stuff - do keep us posted. Pivi Pro will be very interesting, as will the 360 degree camera view shown on your car. I noticed the lower screen photos seem to show different graphics to those shown on mine.

Did you opt for the crazy option of the £50 cup holder - I don't think you did, so does that mean you just get no removeable cover or just a space?

There is still no official brochure for the 2021MY, so some of the stuff is unknown. It'll be really interesting what things are different on your new car, compared to ours.

They did the GardX treatment on my car soon after it came in and had to allow time for it it set! Luckily getting it for free was an added bonus. I have to say, I have found it to be good, despite my early reservations.

Unusually, my factory built car came across from the factory to the dealers central PDI centre and then because of the lack of the spare wheel part, they then moved it immediately across to my dealership, who did the PDI there (to save time). You've been hugely patient!

Reactions: Dansam
that moved fast, no date to 5 days. Hope mines soon as well. Been looking forward to getting it for far too long now haha. Let us know how you get on with it once arrived?
Yeah, it was originally supposed to be delivered in November, they’ve just never committed to an actual date... technically they still havent 😂

Discussion starter · #175 ·
Great stuff - do keep us posted. Pivi Pro will be very interesting, as will the 360 degree camera view shown on your car. I noticed the lower screen photos seem to show different graphics to those shown on mine.

Did you opt for the crazy option of the £50 cup holder - I don't think you did, so does that mean you just get no removeable cover or just a space?

There is still no official brochure for the 2021MY, so some of the stuff is unknown. It'll be really interesting what things are different on your new car, compared to ours.

They did the GardX treatment on my car soon after it came in and had to allow time for it it set! Luckily getting it for free was an added bonus. I have to say, I have found it to be good, despite my early reservations.

Unusually, my factory built car came across from the factory to the dealers central PDI centre and then because of the lack of the spare wheel part, they then moved it immediately across to my dealership, who did the PDI there (to save time). You've been hugely patient!
I followed your lead Rencar and bought the little tray thing that fits in the centre armrest. Now if I could only remember where I put the **** thing for safe keeping lol

Reactions: rencar
Discussion starter · #176 ·
Yeah, it was originally supposed to be delivered in November, they’ve just never committed to an actual date... technically they still havent 😂
Patient... I think my wife would beg to differ.. she’s been having to put up with me moaning about the Peugeot 208 that hired for the last six months. (I used her mini for the first 4 months as she was recovering from COVID)

Discussion starter · #177 ·
As far as paying £50 for the option.. it’s bad enough that you have to pay for it at all, having to pay for it when you’re buying the “ top of the range” model is really taking the whatsit

The dealership assured me that they’d let me know the moment it arrives with them (due Friday)
My Friday delivery has moved to next Tuesday. A few extra days won't hurt.

Has any one found a cheaper aftermarket cubby cover yet?

I had thought that they'd redesigned the cup holder area and changed it in the 2021MY versions. Earlier versions like mine come with the removable rubber tray that sits over the top of and covers the two cup holders underneath.

So if you don't spec the £50 cup holder, you just don't get a rubber tray at all? Do you still get the cup holders underneath, or just a space?

If its just a space, then I suspect someone will come up with something in time. I know on the Velar there is a rather nice third party retro fit glossy cover that fills the space where there is just a cubby hole. The 2021MY is very new out.

In the meantime, I can recommend (as Dansam acquired) the tray for the centre armrest box:

I modified mine to make it a bit more flexible when a lead is plugged into a phone stored in it.

161 - 180 of 336 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.