Evoque Owners Club banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I recycle mine every 3yrs max as I get bored quickly...so I always choose cars with strong residuals...I’m not sure how the residuals will fair on a V1 P300e vs a V2 P300e. If it has any faults, it will get rejected for sure. It will get defo cancelled if the Mrs will let me spend £16k more on a Hybrid Defender 🙏
You’ll have to wait even longer then tho UKC. Is it £60k for a defender then? I haven’t bothered to check

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,644 Posts
I think the P400e Defender is over £80k before options :oops:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I spec’d one up at £70k with a few trinket options.

Plus, a P400e is defo worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think the P400e Defender is over £80k before options :oops:
Ah yes, the replacement for that stripped out utility vehicle from the last century.
The one you could sling sheep (insert any other farm animal) in and then hose it out afterwards.
No wonder the farmers are all buying pick-ups!
:D

I spec’d one up at £70k with a few trinket options.
Plus, a P400e is defo worth the wait.
Be nice to be able to afford 70 grands worth of motor !
I maxed out paying for my Evoque and can't afford a second car.
:(

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Ah yes, the replacement for that stripped out utility vehicle from the last century.
The one you could sling sheep (insert any other farm animal) in and then hose it out afterwards.

I thought it was strange for JLR to go from the old defender, virtually bomb proof (except of course in Afghanistan where it was A totally inappropriate vehicle to use in such a war zone), a vehicle that could be taken apart, transported anywhere in the world and rebuilt with relative ease, could carry, as you say, anything from livestock to building supplies and be washed down afterwards and be as good a new new, to a plush jeep that couldn’t be stripped down without a doctorate in advanced electronic, with all the comforts of your favourite armchair that can sell for up to £90k. Unless they bring out a commercial version like they once did with the disc, I can’t see the military buying many unless it’s to chauffeur the colonels around in instead of a Range Rover

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

The only sheep to be slung in the back of the new defender will be from the chiller section from Waitrose 🤣

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I thought it was strange for JLR to go from the old defender, virtually bomb proof (except of course in Afghanistan where it was A totally inappropriate vehicle to use in such a war zone), a vehicle that could be taken apart, transported anywhere in the world and rebuilt with relative ease, could carry, as you say, anything from livestock to building supplies and be washed down afterwards and be as good a new new, to a plush jeep that couldn’t be stripped down without a doctorate in advanced electronic, with all the comforts of your favourite armchair that can sell for up to £90k. Unless they bring out a commercial version like they once did with the disc, I can’t see the military buying many unless it’s to chauffeur the colonels around in instead of a Range Rover
There is a commercial variant in the lineup 👍

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Just had an update from dealership who advise that the build date is now 15.01.2021 with delivery due end of January so pushed back yet again

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just had an update from dealership who advise that the build date is now 15.01.2021 with delivery due end of January so pushed back yet again
Maybe you’ll get the new mk3 Vogue P300e that comes fitted with Pissy Pro Infotainment and an new revised EV range of what ever is trending during the week of manufacture. 🤣

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Maybe you’ll get the new mk3 Vogue P300e that comes fitted with Pissy Pro Infotainment and an new revised EV range of what ever is trending during the week of manufacture. 🤣
at the moment UKC, I’ll take anything apart from the old defender!!!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
at the moment UKC, I’ll take anything apart from the old defender!!!
Hey, don’t knock ‘em, the old Defenders are more reliable than these new things 🤣

I’m sure you will be blessed with your new RRE very soon! 🙏

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hey, don’t knock ‘em, the old Defenders are more reliable than these new things 🤣

I’m sure you will be blessed with your new RRE very soon! 🙏
I had a defender for a loan car while my RRS was being serviced. They actually apologised in advance as it was the only car they had available.. couldn’t understand why till i drive it. It was brand new but my goodness, how the army put up with them is beyond me... the drive was... agricultural that’s the most polite way I could put it, my collegue drove it and he’s a driving instructor, he thought the same.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I had a defender for a loan car while my RRS was being serviced. They actually apologised in advance as it was the only car they had available.. couldn’t understand why till i drive it. It was brand new but my goodness, how the army put up with them is beyond me... the drive was... agricultural that’s the most polite way I could put it, my collegue drove it and he’s a driving instructor, he thought the same.
I had a Jeep Wrangler as a loaner for a week and I loved it...you can’t beat a good old agricultural 🚜 from time to time. I did a coast to coast off-road trip in an 80’s defender many years ago...it’s a memory I’ll never forget 🤢🤮...the 6 Peaks Challenge where I drove a Disco II G4 was much more fun 😎....we beached a Warrior on Redcar beach once and had the lifeboat coxswain tow us out with his tractor as the tide came in which was funny as f..k 🤣

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I’ve a brand new P300e arriving in 2 weeks time for a 5 week period...if its any good I might just buy one of the newer new ones 😉

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I’ve a brand new P300e arriving in 2 weeks time for a 5 week period...if its any good I might just buy one of the newer new ones 😉
Expect full report UKC
do you know colour and spec yet?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
No idea on the colour but advised it’s a well loaded SE Spec. I hope it’s Red...please be Red!

I’ll be happy to give a open-minded true life report, I’m not expecting anything mind blowing but I’ll be happy to give my feedback. Going to see if I can get my hands on a BMW X30e afterwards for a couple of weeks.

I’m wondering if the Velar P400e might be worth a punt too?

101 - 117 of 117 Posts