Evoque Owners Club banner
321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts

If you jump to 28 minutes 49 seconds in (on the above video), you'll see some further demonstration of similar troubles with the gesture feature on the new Evoque.

I think there may be a 'knack' to getting it right every time, but not sure as I don't have it on my own car (although I do have the remote tailgate lift).

Shame its not so good on the Evoque - my previous Peugeot 3008 had a gesture tailgate and it worked first time, every time. Very handy when carrying shopping.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Not that I use it but it does work if you stand alongside the rear of the car.
Stick your foot under the rear side sill behind the wheel and waggle your foot from the side of the car not the rear.
Try not to look like a berk if in a public place.
I've got into the habbit of opening the boot with the fob in my pocket which is a far cooler thing to do than "Morris Dancing".
😁

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Not that I use it but it does work if you stand alongside the rear of the car.
Stick your foot under the rear side sill behind the wheel and waggle your foot from the side of the car not the rear.
Try not to look like a berk if in a public place.
I've got into the habbit of opening the boot with the fob in my pocket which is a far cooler thing to do than "Morris Dancing".
😁
I quote fancy taking up Morris dancing Phil. Cheers will give it a try!!

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Took a quick shot of @Dansam on his way back to the car …….

DEBE15CF-866B-4934-8558-29AE27391F8E.jpeg

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
How did you know I wore glasses?? You been following me?!!
I have an announcement that I know will come as a great relief to many of my fellow Evoque drivers... I’ve sussed the gesture tailgate operation🍾🍾🍾🍾
Rest easy... as you were

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just use mine as a shelf for a wireless charger for my phone 👀

View attachment 7421
Hi new to the owners club having just received delivery of my 2021 Evoque R-Dynamic SE. This years model does not come with a cover for the cup holder and is a £50 "extra" - I am searching for a better deal than that at the moment !! Can I ask where you got your charger as that's exactly what I want do i.e. install a wireless charger for my Samsung Mobile. Many Thanks

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I got mine from Fleabay, it’s the same as this one, although this is a different seller ......

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine from Fleabay, it’s the same as this one, although this is a different seller ......

Thanks

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
102 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

Genuine cup holder cover.
Thanks again.
I have actually contacted my supplying dealer and suggested they supply me a cover from last years model and they are considering this - Won't hold my breath !
If I don't get a reply in a day or two I will buy from the ebay seller you sent me.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20 Firenze red
1 Posts
Loving the photos - noticed that the lower touchscreen has a Hold button on it. Is that for toggling the Brake hold feature?

That feature is always on my own car, as its excellent. Just a firmer push on the brake pedal and it holds the car on inclines. To turn it on and off on my car, its a bit fiddly, as its done through the drivers instrument panel menus.
I’ve just collected my P300e and need to be confident the Hold function is working as I will be towing a 1200kg caravan next week. I’ve checked both the boxes in the drivers’ instrument panel menu and the car holds on my drive that has a 10% slope. But I don’t get the HOLD notice that I got on a diesel Disco Sport. Does your PHEV Evoque tell you when the Hold function is active?

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
I'm new to the 551 and still learning but I've activated mine and get the hold notice on the dash, strangely though only if i'm on a hill does it come on, on a flat road it doesn't but it did seem to hold as I didn't have foot on brake, sorry have no idea what weight it can hold

Reactions: DavidA

·
Registered
12 Posts

It is exactly the same size as genuine cup holder cover?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N986B μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Slightly smaller, so fits perfectly.

57FA379C-7FD1-43ED-AB75-5568038D3718.jpeg

Reactions: alexmos

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
I bought one of them then realised my phone doesn't do wireless charging!

321 - 336 of 336 Posts