Evoque Owners Club banner
281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
JLR have arranged a driver to deliver mine from Birmingham to Cornwall tomorrow morning. He's planning to get here for about 8am!!!!! Lets hope it doesn't snow on the M5/A30 tonight!
I'm sure he will be fine.
I live just outside of the M25 on the west side and I can do from my place to Redruth in about 4 hrs including a comfort break.
I don't fancy his train journey back to Birmingham though.
😄

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts
I wondered if they were bringing it on a trailer. Otherwise it’s likely to arrive with quite a few miles on the clock!

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
102 Posts
I'm sure he will be fine.
I live just outside of the M25 on the west side and I can do from my place to Redruth in about 4 hrs including a comfort break.
I don't fancy his train journey back to Birmingham though.
😄
He’s got to get a taxi bus and train back to birmingham. Fun! And it’s not even Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wondered if they were bringing it on a trailer. Otherwise it’s likely to arrive with quite a few miles on the clock!
I’m just hoping he fills the tank up before he arrives.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
View attachment 7705
Arrived! no issues. time to plug it in. I'll post more photos once Ive cleaned it.
Looks great Jam
Day off today.. what will I do... thinks perhaps get to Know my Evoque.. any other suggestions.. answers on a post card

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts
Photos and a full review will take up your whole day!

Love to know what you think about the Meridian surround sound as well - use a decent music source - I reckon it'll be fantastic.

Also are both your door mirror indicators animated (or just the front and rear ones)? The option is normally turned off when you get the car new. You turn them on using the options in the drivers instrument cluster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, im new to this forum and some great info on here. Your new vehicle looks amazing!!! Well done!! Can i ask how long ago you ordered it? I just ordered in beginning of December and been told what was a march delivery is now May! Wondering if even may is optimistic! haha

enjoy the new car, let us all know how the charging and actual performance goes will you? Guessing you wont be breaking any land speed records in this weather, but be interesting to see how the battery performs in cold conditions.
View attachment 7705
Arrived! no issues. time to plug it in. I'll post more photos once Ive cleaned it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered mine on the 1st October. It was built and ready by the 18th December, but held up by JLR as some minor parts where help up in transit due to covid and a fuels sensor issue.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I ordered mine on the 1st October. It was built and ready by the 18th December, but held up by JLR as some minor parts where help up in transit due to covid and a fuels sensor issue.
Rencar the meridian surround is simply amazing, even at full pelt there’s n distortion. I played Leona Lewis “RUN” then Whitney Huston “I Will Always Love You”. The quiet bits were just that and the finale was spine tingling. That’s without adjusting the treble bass and sub

Reactions: JO16 and rencar

·
Registered
793 Posts
Excellent stuff. The new P400e Range Rover Sport I had for a few days had the same system and was absolutely fantastic.

The 380w Meridian is OK, but was nowhere near as good as what you've got.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Loving the photos - noticed that the lower touchscreen has a Hold button on it. Is that for toggling the Brake hold feature?

That feature is always on my own car, as its excellent. Just a firmer push on the brake pedal and it holds the car on inclines. To turn it on and off on my car, its a bit fiddly, as its done through the drivers instrument panel menus.

Suede/alcantara headlining makes your car very plush looking! Even the sunvisors are the same. The Jag XF Portfolio I had back in 2011, had light suede headlining, which seemed rather extravagant, but lovely.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Nightime driving will be interesting with the Matrix headlights and the 'premium cabin lighting' - whatever that may actually consist of on the 21MY?

·
Registered
793 Posts
What did they chuck in for free for you Dansam (for all the delays) in the end?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both cars look amazing - I love seeing pictures of them also. I’m sure it was well worth the wait for them to arrive. I ordered mine in August and given 4 different dates - just kept getting pushed back. 22nd Feb is the new date so fingers crossed I’ll be as happy as you both with my new RRE in a week or mores time. Enjoy the figuring and messing with new controls period as to me it’s the best time of a new car 👍🏻

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Loving the photos - noticed that the lower touchscreen has a Hold button on it. Is that for toggling the Brake hold feature?

That feature is always on my own car, as its excellent. Just a firmer push on the brake pedal and it holds the car on inclines. To turn it on and off on my car, its a bit fiddly, as its done through the drivers instrument panel menus.

Suede/alcantara headlining makes your car very plush looking! Even the sunvisors are the same. The Jag XF Portfolio I had back in 2011, had light suede headlining, which seemed rather extravagant, but lovely.
Can’t see the hold button Ren but then I’m a bit punch drunk looking through all the various apps/controls Can you point it out to me

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Cei at Stratstone said that he’s ordered stuff to be sent straight to me including a rubber load area cover and other bits but I zoned out then as we were walking to the handover area and just noticed my car lol

·
Registered
793 Posts
On the photo you've included is one of the lower touch screen (showing Comfort Program selected).

To the left of that (above the adjustment for the passenger side climate temperature) is a Hold touchscreen icon - don't have that on mine?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
On the photo you've included is one of the lower touch screen (showing Comfort Program selected).

To the left of that (above the adjustment for the passenger side climate temperature) is a Hold touchscreen icon - don't have that on mine?
Just found it. Yes it the type of hill hold or when you’re at a junction and don’t want to keep foot on brake. Press brake a little firmer and it holds until you press throttle

281 - 300 of 336 Posts