Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had these exact same symptoms, so took my Evoque 52 reg to West Motor Company, Kingston for repair.

They did the following

Diagnostic Check (£150)
Wiring Check (£350)
Identified an issue with the rear wheel speed sensor
Replaced rear left wheel speed sensor
Recalibrate ABS
POST Wiring Check (£350)
Total price £917.32

Do you think this was all necessary. They told me a diagnostic test would not have identified the issue to the sensor.

My advice - If you have this fault is get a good local mechanic to replace both sensors before going to a land rover repair center.
Hi my mechanic just charged me 150 without the rest. That was including the fitting and a friend said that they could of done it and ordered the part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi my mechanic just charged me 150 without the rest. That was including the fitting and a friend said that they could of done it and ordered the part.
Im gutted, should have done the same. Although some times it can go the wrong way with the non approved mechanic raplacing more parts than neccessary to resolve the issue.

I dont understand the second test of the wiring. I would have thought that driving the car would be a good enough test.

You live and learn :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im gutted, should have done the same. Although some times it can go the wrong way with the non approved mechanic raplacing more parts than neccessary to resolve the issue.

I dont understand the second test of the wiring. I would have thought that driving the car would be a good enough test.

You live and learn :)
Sorry to hear you had to go the hard way.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
606 Posts
I am sorry but I think you have been ripped off.
Any reasonable diagnostic machine will tell which wheel sensor it is, even a £20 one from eBay. then it is a simple swap out.
£700 wiring checks, what the heck did they do for that??
What actually is recalibrate ABS? They just clear the code and drive it 100 yards
These folk make me so annoyed.
I would report them to trading standards and on every forum you can find 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Mine last month was £140 and that includes £90 for the sensor as mine has self parking and they are £30 more than standard.
Sorry not what you want to hear but at least we all know to avoid them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. It does feel that way.........

I have asked the Garage for a copy of the Diagnostic Test Results and they have refused. This is a service I have paid for.... Im pretty sure im entitled to the results.
Asking again tomorrow for a copy when I collect the car. If they will not provide it, then IMO it shows they are hiding something......

Considering going to small claims court if I dont get the diagnostic results.

So upsetting...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts