Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The Evoque will be my very first Range Rover, and I am so excited, ordered the SD4 Pure Auto, my first automatic transmission vehicle too!! the Park Assist looks brilliant, delivery is next March or April. Joined the forum as I think my Husband is getting fed up with hearing about it (and he would probably have heart failure if he saw that I got a heap loads of the options too)

·
Registered
361 Posts
By the way I am interested to know what you have driven in the past and what you drive now....... before you step into a very special car

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mortz, I haven't been able to Test Drive one until the end of this month, but went ahead and ordered anyway as I have been in love with this car for over a year now, My Husband's first comments when I mentioned it to him last year was what an ugly waste of money it was, until it was reviewed on Top Gear and given their seal of approval
I very nearly went for an X1, am so glad I didn't.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in a BMW 1 Series Sport Diesel, it was my first BMW and I fell in love with it because it was a Hatchback, I am quite petite, so am not really a fan of the larger BMW's, the 1 series was a good size, rushed in to BMW last winter after the snow (like many people in Berkshire it took me 6 hours to do 11 miles one day), to be honest though I test drove a 1 series in that awful bronze colour and it was the most ugly car I had ever driven, that is probably why I didn't go ahead and buy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
lulu101 said:
I am in a BMW 1 Series Sport Diesel, it was my first BMW and I fell in love with it because it was a Hatchback, I am quite petite, so am not really a fan of the larger BMW's, the 1 series was a good size, rushed in to BMW last winter after the snow (like many people in Berkshire it took me 6 hours to do 11 miles one day), to be honest though I test drove a 1 series in that awful bronze colour and it was the most ugly car I had ever driven, that is probably why I didn't go ahead and buy.

An interesting reply and I thank you for that.....the evoque is some amazing car....we do hope you enjoy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just read back my reply to your earlier question, it was the X1 i test drove last winter!! I have owned my 1 series for 5 years now (thinking the words quicker than I can type!!)

·
Registered
361 Posts
The X1 is a bit of a pointless car...the styling is crap...looks more like an austin allergro...think they will kill it off or re-vamp it completly....or focus on the X3 and make that better looking.....understand though bmw are having a go....stick to your saloon's lads
....Id buy a 7 series any day

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lulu, Mortz,

I did the Evoques experience in York yesterday and it was the first chance to check out the car in the flesh and have a drive. I know everyone is caught up in the moment with all of the hype surrounding the car and seeing it through rose tinted glasses, so I hope you dont mind but I will give my honest opinion of the car so that others can see the good and bad points.

Positives- Looks fantastic, drives fantastic, interior fantastic, the feeling I got whilst on test drive- fantastic, Land rover staff fantastic, lunch-fantastic, my wifes opinion of car- fantastic.

Negatives- It rained!

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I could tell the only cars available were dynamics and the interiors were very impressive (which is a shame as I have ordered a pure so I couldn't do a direct comparison).

Everything seems to be high quality and well finished withmany different colours and styles to see.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ceebee said:
Lulu, Mortz,

I did the Evoques experience in York yesterday and it was the first chance to check out the car in the flesh and have a drive. I know everyone is caught up in the moment with all of the hype surrounding the car and seeing it through rose tinted glasses, so I hope you dont mind but I will give my honest opinion of the car so that others can see the good and bad points.

Positives- Looks fantastic, drives fantastic, interior fantastic, the feeling I got whilst on test drive- fantastic, Land rover staff fantastic, lunch-fantastic, my wifes opinion of car- fantastic.

Negatives- It rained!

(QUOTE = lulu), Brilliant news Ceebee,

·
Registered
361 Posts
lulu101 said:
ceebee said:
Lulu, Mortz,

Negatives- It rained!

(QUOTE = lulu), Brilliant news Ceebee,

Negatives - It Rained !................brilliant

·
Registered
21 Posts
We're doing the Cardiff Evoque unleashed event on Tuesday 16th. Can't wait to actually drive it. Sat inside several at Evoque Live in Birmingham and been quite impressed by interior quality. The exterior, as we all know is quite spectacular (not to everyone I know). Will post on here my impressions after the drive.Ant

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hope you have a great time Ant, looking forward to hearing what you think of the drive

Nick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts