Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have just ordered my first Land Rover, the spec is as follows:

Range Rover Evoque SD4 Pure Auto, 5 Door, Fuji White with Ebony Leather.Tech Pack.
Style Pack.
Xenon Healamps.
Fixed Panoramic Glass Roof.
Rear Camera Parking Aid inc Hitching guidance.
Park Assist.

Apparently I have a couple of weeks to amend my order, any advice on my choice?

·
Registered
19 Posts
good choice similar to my spec minus the style pack though opted for 19" wheen with folding mirrors as well....

·
Registered
134 Posts
me ordered Pure 2.2 TD4 Auto Fuji White, 19 inch rims, power folding mirrors, elect tailgate, almond leather, pan roof, fog lamps, xenons, priv glass, climate control rear and rear vents, Tech Pack: Interior Mood lighting,8inch touch screen, front bumper blade,bluetooth and audio. hence tech pack is not uk spec :(

i too am a first for a Range rover and with all the reviews and great chats here, im hoping im not dissapointed :) however im already missing my X3
HOPE NOT FOR LONG DUE DATE OF EVOQUE NOVEMBER

·
Registered
134 Posts
OHH and its a 5 door :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi an2ony, welcome to the forum!!
Seems like lots of people going for Fuji white. It looks good but I wonder if white is a fashionable colour for now? Cannot dispute it looks good though.
Good spec, I am staggered at how easy it is to big up the cost with extras !!

·
Registered
361 Posts
leesug said:
Hi an2ony, welcome to the forum!!

Seems like lots of people going for Fuji white. It looks good but I wonder if white is a fashionable colour for now? Cannot dispute it looks good though.

Good spec, I am staggered at how easy it is to big up the cost with extras !!
Indeed it is.....very easy to get carried away..Land Rover and Range Rover are not used to specking with extra's etc
If you look at the current product range here's the price and this is what you get which is normally fully loaded

You can walk into any other marque such as Audi..Bmw and Mercedes with one price in mind then walk out with another

The Evoqueas we already know is a bit like specking a kitchen"this is what it would look like"... if you want soft closing doors and intergrated lighting this is what it wil cost you

This is new for RR and is working soooo well

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes but there are some options which are frippery for the gadget mad and nothing to do really with the practicalities of car ownership. Parking Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Stereo Upgrade, Navigation, Auto headlamp dipping, steerable headlights, multiple cameras, rear seat entertainment and on and on. You can buy a TomTom which is at least as good as the built-in SatNav for a fraction of the price. These things may enhance the feel-good factor but they are luxuries.

That said, the Evoque is a wider car than many people will have ever driven, including mirrors, it's one of the widest on the market so I would say parking sensors and folding door mirrors are pretty much essential.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Evoque believe it or not ...... is smaller than your Audi avant...yet another target from LR

It's even of similar size to your Ford Focus !.....christ how many people buy them!
Sorry mark.....gotta totaly disagree with your last comment

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just to add to this one......turn your I-pad on it's side " the thin end that is "the evoque is that much longer...just a couple of mill

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry mortz you are wrong about the width of the Evoque which is 1.965 m with mirrors folded! A Kuga is 1.842 m and a Focus 1.725 m, although the Evoque is shorter than both. My Audi RS6 Plus Saloon is 1.889 m which just gets in one door of the double garage, but the Evoque is too wide to fit.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry Mortz you are wrong and Mark_n is right about the width of the Evoque which is 1.965 m with mirrors folded! A Kuga is 1.842 m and a Focus 1.725 m, although the Evoque is shorter than both. My Audi RS6 Plus Saloon is 1.889 m which just gets in one door of the double garage, but the Evoque is too wide to fit.

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
361 Posts
Morgan said:
Sorry Mortz you are wrong and Mark_n is right about the width of the Evoque which is 1.965 m with mirrors folded! A Kuga is 1.842 m and a Focus 1.725 m, although the Evoque is shorter than both. My Audi RS6 Plus Saloon is 1.889 m which just gets in one door of the double garage, but the Evoque is too wide to fit.
<DIV style="DISPLAY: none" id=myWatcherDiv>

My comments are based on length not width..even though Mark stated width
....ask my wife she will tell you length is more important

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mortz said:

Mortz, ignoring your dismal spelling, it's not clear to me what you are disagreeing about.

The RRE is indeed fractionally shorter than a Focus but substantially wider than what most people making the switch to it are driving now. Itwill take some getting used to when parking andmanoeuvring in tight spaces. That's why I think parking sensors, reversing camera and folding mirrors are worthwhile options.I have an especially tight parking space in London which is why I've specified the surround camera system too.

Even so, width restrictions and multi-storey car parks will be difficult and the standard width of car parking spaceswill make getting in and out difficult, especially with the Coupé with its longer doors. RRE owners will not win friends from those parked next door who will have trouble getting into their cars too.

It will pay everyone buying an Evoque to take the time to get used to it. Even so, I expect we'll see battle-scarred Evoques - grazed bumpers,scuffed wheels and parking dings on the doors.
Edited by: mark_n

·
Registered
59 Posts
Point well argued mark_n. We too will be hunting the far ends of car parks.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Ralph & Janet Morgan

Evoque Si4 Coupe LUX Fuji + Fuji. Pursuit, Delivery October

·
Registered
361 Posts
mark_n said:
Mortz said:

Mortz, ignoring your dismal spelling, it's not clear to me what you are disagreeing about.

The RRE is indeed fractionally shorter than a Focus but substantially wider than what most people making the switch to it are driving now. Itwill take some getting used to when parking andmanoeuvring in tight spaces. That's why I think parking sensors, reversing camera and folding mirrors are worthwhile options.I have an especially tight parking space in London which is why I've specified the surround camera system too.

Even so, width restrictions and multi-storey car parks will be difficult and the standard width of car parking spaceswill make getting in and out difficult, especially with the Coupé with its longer doors. RRE owners will not win friends from those parked next door who will have trouble getting into their cars too.

It will pay everyone buying an Evoque to take the time to get used to it. Even so, I expect we'll see battle-scarred Evoques - grazed bumpers,scuffed wheels and parking dings on the doors.

Looks like one was getting a little ahead of oneself there Mark_n

Thanks for the spelling notification, unfortunaltey I cannot be good at everything!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told if you changed your order your delivery date might be put back. Only change if you're prepared to wait longer for the car! Jim
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

1 - 20 of 20 Posts