Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just purchased a 2014 fuji white contrasting black evoque sd4 dynamic. Been lurking on the forum prior to pulling the trigger and got some useful information.

Pleased with our purchase but have already come across a few issues. Pick up was underwhelming compared to previous BMW experiences but ill put that down to covid 19 and showroom opening and being inundated with people buying new cars instead of holidays.

I have found the battery to continually show as low and not allow the tailgate to open mechanically, again allowing time as the car was sitting static in dealers throughout lockdown. Only been on a few half hour drives.

The illuminated treadplate on drivers side has 3 letters that dont light up, so will likely call to dealer for rectification.

Onto positives. This is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned, and the drive is so smooth. For 6 years old the vehicle is immaculate. Can only find 3 stone chips having given the car a proper clean today, but have noticed the paint has dark grim around trims and decals will likely need a better day and more claybarring to fully rectify.

Will enjoy being involved within the forum community going forward, and hopefully avoid my usual temptation to mod, albeit unlikely given the pointers passed here. As this is mainly the other halfs car i dont plan to tinker much.

Oh and how good is the panoramic roof!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome 👋 we need to see some pictures please, we like to see Evoques on here, can’t think why 🤔
I too come from a modding background and have started tarting mine up a little, but I’ve learnt I have to be very careful what I do because of the warranty. Also, there is very little scope for modding compared to my previous cars, but the thing is, they look so amazing straight out of the factory, no need to mess with them really.

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Just don't put any side steps on it-if they are already there----take them off!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
Hi and welcome. Are you sure you have the electric tailgate as it was an option on the Dynamic and standard on the Dynamic Lux.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are getting low battery warning I would change to a new one ! It’s likley to be the original one ,
I had the same when I first bought mine , Hope you enjoy your motor ! I have had mine over a year now
and still love it drove from France to Spain and back was effortless! And very smooth and comfortable

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
Evoque Pure (Tech Pack) SD4 63 Plate
5 Posts
Hi,

I just picked mine up at the weekend. Over the moon with it. 63 plate but it’s immaculate. I was getting some low battery messages as well.Yesterday I went to open it and the key wasn’t working. Replaced the battery in the fob and I haven’t seen the low battery sign since. Was the car maybe telling me the fob battery was low rather than the car battery?

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Silicon Silver RR Evoque R Dynamic HSE P300
48 Posts
We have just purchased a 2014 fuji white contrasting black evoque sd4 dynamic. Been lurking on the forum prior to pulling the trigger and got some useful information.

Pleased with our purchase but have already come across a few issues. Pick up was underwhelming compared to previous BMW experiences but ill put that down to covid 19 and showroom opening and being inundated with people buying new cars instead of holidays.
I’m with you on the underwhelming experience of pickup.
I bought a new car and was hoping for an experience you get when you pick up a new BMW, Audi, Merc, Vw, Mini experience
The LR is pants with the car on the forecourt in amongst others.
Most disappointed!
Although as a passing wave I did get an umbrella!
As you note on the plus side the car is great.
So in summary
Dealership experience - could do better
Car experience- great so far

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Welcome to the loony world of LR dealerships-enjoy your car.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,738 Posts
Don't get too carried away on the mods, I think DKZ5745 is planning to install an extension ladder to the roof of his... some folk huh!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I’m with you on the underwhelming experience of pickup.
I bought a new car and was hoping for an experience you get when you pick up a new BMW, Audi, Merc, Vw, Mini experience
The LR is pants with the car on the forecourt in amongst others.
Most disappointed!
Although as a passing wave I did get an umbrella!
As you note on the plus side the car is great.
So in summary
Dealership experience - could do better
Car experience- great so far
We are in the middle of a pandemic in case you hadn't noticed, just look up powerful uk's recent handover of his new defender on YouTube, I'd be surprised if Merc, BMW and Audi do it any differently to LR now

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definately has electric tailgate. Put a bag in before a journey and then had to manually lift to get the bag out after. Think ill follow the advice and get dealer to replace battery.

Gotta love forums. Always plenty of people ready and willing to reply and offer help/advice.

Hopefully no more grumbles from here on and continue to enjoy the car

·
Registered
990 Posts
Don't get too carried away on the mods, I think DKZ5745 is planning to install an extension ladder to the roof of his... some folk huh!
If your not careful I’ll post a picture of my helmet 👀😮

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Was about to say Dogging, but that that wouldn't have been approprate with the helmet thread either!!!

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
LOL, only with an auto tailgate!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts