Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, We have just bought a 2018 Evoque HSE SD4.
Questions -
1) What model is it. I see you all refer to P300 ect. What is mine
2) SIM card. Can I just put in a phone sim with 100GB of data?Does it haver to be a Data Sim only and Why? What info will the Sim give me and how to I access it
3) Can I activate some how Movies in motion. If the kids for example want to watch Pepper Pig whilst driving, how do I go about that. I had an Audi before and I purchased a OBD device called OBD11. This when plugged in unlocked all sorts of features that Audi would otherwise make you pay for. Is there something similar for Range Rover
4) What if any simple mods has anyone done to there Evoque. Im reading all to often about this DPF problem. Is this still the case on 2018 models, and if so how can we over come this.
5) Indicators - mine flashes 3 times. Can I change it to 5.

Im sure I haver many more, but please for now help me out.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Side steps, always a favourite 👍

Reactions: Macdexx and PhilB

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm sure others will be along to offer advice but in the meantime..............
1. Your paperwork should show it, but as an SD4 I think you have diesel.
Power output should be in your docs but you can also have a look at your car on here:
https://www.checkmyreg.com/
2. SIm card if you have a slot should be data only. I have seen others try and use mobile phone plan sims and whilst one or two have got them to work a data only sim is the way to go. ("3" network sell them on Amazon with various data allowances and time limits)
5. Don't think so unless some tech on here says otherwise by plugging into the OBD port.
Good luck with your new car.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
Hi and welcome.

1- Only Later models are given numbers and letters . P - petrol, D - Diesel. The numbers relate the PS (engine power)
2- As far as I'm aware data only sim must be used.
3- Kids will only be able to watch movies if you have the TV option.
4- Personal taste but I fitted 22" wheels and sidesteps.
5- Can't help but don't think its possible

·
Registered
256 Posts
I may be wrong here but I thought the SD4 engines were pre 2016? A 2018 would have the newer Ingenium engine which is prone to DPF problems.

·
Registered
P300e
195 Posts
Vinny, sorry to appear pedantic and unhelpful, but I would normally look to answer all those questions BEFORE I bought the car.

On the earlier models (certainly before 2018), the diesel engine was a 2.2 litre, the SD4 was 190hp and the TD4 was the same engine but 150hp. I guess it is possible that yours was an old stock model that was a couple of years old before it was registered?

For instance, I have a VW Transporter van and it is one of the last T5.1 models on a "65" (September 2016) plate, but I have seen "16" (March 2016) plated later T6 models.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
520 Posts
To be equally pedantic and unhelpful @nicko16 where do suppose he was bringing the car from?? 😂😂😂
Vinny, so to appear pedantic and unhelpful, but I would normally look to answer all those questions BEFORE I brought the car.

·
Registered
P300e
195 Posts
To be equally pedantic and unhelpful @nicko16 where do suppose he was bringing the car from?? 😂😂😂
Vinny, so to appear pedantic and unhelpful, but I would normally look to answer all those questions BEFORE I brought the car.
[/QUOTE]

Fair cop.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts