Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took delivery on my new p300e R-Dynamic HSE yesterday after ordering in it November last year.

Should of been delivered at the back end of January, but got delayed to yesterday, but got to say it was definitely worth the wait!

Was unsure about the idea of a hybrid, but my only regret is that LR don't make this as a full EV car. Because it would be awesome! The power from the electric motor is quick and the feeling you get from the car is like it effortless!

Charging the car is easy... I bought the home charger and it charged in 5 hours from 5% to full while I was at work, and as we get free electricity it's free miles 馃槉

Also my local council are doingg free EV charging till October this year at rapid chargers!

So far no grumbles... My daily commute is less than 30 miles, so fingers crossed I will very rarely have to pay for fuel and I don't even pay for electric, win win!

Registered
Looks really good, a real 'head turner'. Free electricity as well - what a bonus!! (y) (y) (y)

Registered
Yep if your commute is 30 miles and you can charge both ways its about as good a scenario as you can get........but once you factor in the premium you have paid for the EV it claws a lot of that back ie you can;t ignore that bit which is my biggest gripe as the numbers don鈥檛 often make sense.........but on a plus side the hybrid experience is great.......the tech is pretty impressive and at last RR are playing catch up

Registered
Looks great! Is it a MY21? How you finding the Pivi Pro?

Registered
looking really good. im a model 21 owner aswell. what range are you getting? just now in winter its saying 28 miles for a full charge for me

my full commute is approx 7 miles and have got some free scottish council rapid chargers near work so works well for lunchtime charging with the 30min 80% charge

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Yep if your commute is 30 miles and you can charge both ways its about as good a scenario as you can get........but once you factor in the premium you have paid for the EV it claws a lot of that back ie you can;t ignore that bit which is my biggest gripe as the numbers don鈥檛 often make sense.........but on a plus side the hybrid experience is great.......the tech is pretty impressive and at last RR are playing catch up
It's a company car, so only paying the very reasonable BIK amount

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great! Is it a MY21? How you finding the Pivi Pro?
Yeah really good... Different to what I've normally had as I've always had BMW's and the idrive system is probably the best around.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
looking really good. im a model 21 owner aswell. what range are you getting? just now in winter its saying 28 miles for a full charge for me

my full commute is approx 7 miles and have got some free scottish council rapid chargers near work so works well for lunchtime charging with the 30min 80% charge
On a full charge its saying 34 miles, but not used it enough to see what I'm actually getting range wise, glad to hear of your free chargers too, its a good bonus!

Registered
Cool, if yours is a company car and you get free electricity then it is genuinely win win........I鈥檓 on my 3rd hybrid for exactly that reason .......it the only way it actually makes financial sense ;-)

Registered
It is of course not always about financial sense. There is also the eco consideration, and jus that people might want an RRE and also want a hybrid.
If they鈥檇 been available when I bought mine I would have definitely gone for one of them, and that would have been a cash purchase for personal use.
As it is, when mine is 3 years old, It will be quite close to when JLR have announced they will be full electric, so I look like waiting to see what they have to offer then.

Registered
I won't get into the environmental element other than to say that my last hybrid (BMW 740e) average 31MPG over 3 years and just under 40k miles.......it was cheap on BIK though......my last none hybrid company car was a vogue diesel....that average 33MPG over basically the same but cost me a fortune in BIK.........hybrids do not make sense in lots of ways and that includes environmental....the government has had to stack the BIK to incentivise company car drivers into them.........the last time they did that was......diesel !

I'm, convinced the "norm" over the next 5 years (and longer) will be hybrids...not the red herring of full electric ie small 1-2 litre petrol engines running with batteries that are capable of a real world 50-100 miles.......that would mean that for the vast majority they can run on full electric 90% + of the time but without any of the "backage" of full electric......current EV's are simply the first wave and consequently are compromised both in terms of price and tech.....JLR has simply jumped onto this first wave ...late......BMW already have the X5 that can do real world 40miles plus ........what did they do ...stick a 3 litre petrol in it as under current environmental measures its more friendly than a 2 litre engine.....but its the start of the second wave ie proper real world electric mileage that is useable for most 90% of the time without recharging every time you stop.......the 3rd phase will see prices come down ....that when both the numbers and environmental stats will start to add up........I welcome that ......yes I love EV tech and am not against it at all..........its just that like Diesel most people have their head in the sand or more likely get fooled by the marketing MPG figures and that just leads to disappointment ......taken for what it is the tech is fantastic..... driving in full electric mode is a real novalty / pleasure for most.

Registered
Interesting. I am considering a P300e. Mild hybrids feel like the worst of all worlds, with extra weight and the complexity of two engines for a token gain in carbon footprint. A PHEV feels like a much better compromise, delivering full EV over a lot of short journeys. But I鈥檝e still got some doubts about battery鈥檚, borne out of my pile of redundant iPads assigned to the scrap heap as a result of battery degradation. A 6-year battery warranty seems a bit mean to me, and hardly shows JLR confidence. So....I am still weighing up the pros and cons.

Registered
Interesting. I am considering a P300e. Mild hybrids feel like the worst of all worlds, with extra weight and the complexity of two engines for a token gain in carbon footprint. A PHEV feels like a much better compromise, delivering full EV over a lot of short journeys. But I鈥檝e still got some doubts about battery鈥檚, borne out of my pile of redundant iPads assigned to the scrap heap as a result of battery degradation. A 6-year battery warranty seems a bit mean to me, and hardly shows JLR confidence. So....I am still weighing up the pros and cons.
On a full charge its saying 34 miles, but not used it enough to see what I'm actually getting range wise, glad to hear of your free chargers too, its a good bonus!

interestingly ive full charged again and its showing 23 miles (max ive had has been 28).....and its 11 degrees here in scotland so not too cold!

was that 34 mile range showing in hybrid or ev mode?

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
interestingly ive full charged again and its showing 23 miles (max ive had has been 28).....and its 11 degrees here in scotland so not too cold!

was that 34 mile range showing in hybrid or ev mode?
Charged it today at work, and it showed 29 miles

Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
Mine is kept in a garage and after a full charge always shows 34 miles. I then normally get around 30 miles of actual EV miles.

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
At last, someone else who keeps their car in a garage 馃榾

1 - 20 of 20 Posts