Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I ordered our new Evoque just before Christmas, so thought i'd join this forum as i'm sure I will have some questions at some point!

After deciding to treat ourselves and upgrade into a 'premium' brand, we looked around Merc, Audi etc... and had decided on the new Merc CLA Shooting Brake, only for the other half to suggest popping in to Land Rover on the way home and we fell in love with the Evoque. We test drove it and I decided that I wanted to stick with another SUV type vehicle, like our Sportage. So that was that, went home, sacked off the Merc, searched lease deals until the life was drained from me, found the best deal which happened to be with the company who provide our current car. Placed the order on 19th December, for March 2020 delivery.

We are going from a 2017 Kia Sportage Auto to an Evoque R-Dynamic S D150 Manual, in Fuji White with tinted glass and leather steering wheel with atlas bezel (other half saw the steering wheel bezel on a Discovery Sport in the showroom and it was the deal breaker...)

I would very be interested to do the factory tour and see it being built! Is there anybody else waiting for an Evoque delivery? When did you order and what is your build date/estimated delivery date?

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Oli

Registered
Welcome to the forum! (from another newbie 馃榿) and congratulations on your order!

Is there anybody else waiting for an Evoque delivery?
I am too! 馃榿 I signed my purchase just after Christmas Day after taking out a P250 for a one-hour drive. But I didn't want to wait much and instead of going with BTO I settled for a stock First Edition (see my signature) which has everything I wanted. I must say that a very good lease deal and extra stock rebate from the local LR reseller convinced me. I should receive my Evoque sometime next week - needless I can't think of anything else right now 馃ぉ

Like you I'd be very interested in doing the factory tour sometime this year.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Macounette - thanks! The First Edition sounds amazing! Unfortunately the finance company said there are no stock discounts for me, they were all BTO :( hence why I鈥檝e had to go for the 鈥楽鈥 spec and a manual gearbox. I looked at prices for higher specifications but the monthly cost wouldn鈥檛 be far off what my mortgage is, which I can鈥檛 justify on a car! Just got to wait for what seems like a lifetime for it now!

Jam911 - Hi, my local dealer said I could have it for 1st March, but the finance company I have ordered through said it will be end of March. When I asked my local dealer how can they guarantee 1st March, they said that they have build slots reserved, finance/lease company鈥檚 are back of the queue apparently. As long as it is March I will be happy, just want to get rid of my Sportarge now, after I sat in the Evoque and got back in the Sportage it felt like a Daewoo :ROFLMAO:

Registered
my dealer told me no petrol evoques or DS until March, that was when i picked up my new shape petrol DS, one of the few made before the petrol apparently.- strange situation.
Not so sure about the bezel. Its a cold thing on the hands,until the heated steering wheel kicks in , even then it heats slower than the rest of the wheel. not as bad as the metal gear knob on the mini one I sometimes drove.

Hope you enjoy the cars, the DS for one is a big leap ahead of its predecessor, not found anything to dislike yet, cold hands excepted

Super Moderator
Ha Ha, yes that Mini metal gear knob was a palm freezer!

Registered
Well sometimes I have the feeling that my Mini's leather steering wheel is colder than its metal gear knob ! 馃榿 So I'm happy there's a heated steering wheel on my Evoque. But to be fair, when I tried it out during the test drive, it felt weird somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts