Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thank you already to the forum advice helping me with my purchase.
I collected my 2013 Dynamic 3 door diesel on Thursday and am quite impressed with it.
Whilst ostensibly our 'second car' I think it may get used more often. We have been toying with the idea of an Evoque for five years, but the Dynamic I wanted was too much new, and I didn't want to pay over £30k for a model I didn't really want.
When the time came to change our ageing Volvo XC90, the final university run completed, a smaller SUV was the choice.
Having owned at least one Volvo since 2005, they were the obvious make of choice, but the new generation are too expensive and the older ones too similar to the old XC90, we looked at everything but most SUV's are dead boring inside and the pretty Evoque seems to have it all.
So after months of searching for a three door Dynamic or Dynamic Lux with pan roof, good colour combo, (subjective I know), and with the right condition and history (plus not wanting to spend too much) I dropped on this little one.
santorini black with pimento and ebony inside, 59k miles, private sale, two lady owners from new, (friends), and a huge list of extras on top of the dynamic spec. such that it cost new slightly more than a lux. (I have the purchase receipt, why they just did not buy a lux intrigues me, I suspect sales people and commissions may have been at play).
So big THANK YOU for all the advice on here. I am sure I will be contributing in the future.
So far it has had a thorough clean, including removing back seat, front seat backs, and cupholders as it has 'golfer residue' aka sand and grass in every known nook and cranny. Oil and filter change as an initial precaution to flush through the engine and full set of LR filters and castrol oil being fitted in a couple of weeks, followed by cam belt and a full set of transmission fluid changes and then I will be happy all the preventative maintenance is done for my ownership.

I love the spec. It drives faultlessly, interior is a gorgeous place to be, very happy.
(PS ever noticed that all photos of the pimento and ebony interior make it look garishly scarlet, and in reality it is much more subtle, I changed the vibrancy filter on my photo to -20%, it looks much closer to reality, what do you think?)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With photos, initially they were too large to load, sorry
IMG_0157.jpeg
IMG_0159.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,287 Posts
Hi and welcome Binty. Car looks great .

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
A very big welcome Binty, I am sure you will have some great experiences with your new car and hopefully few issues.
They are a very capable and well put together beast and run well.
I had one for 3 years and in that time covered 115,000 miles with very few issues-so enjoy.
There is a mine of knowledge and information on here and we are all glad to help as well as put out a lot of banter (watch out for veteran, he is old and senile and answers randomly most of the time, Donna thinks she is Rob Roy and XZ4 is the font of all knowledge)
take care and enjoy.

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
HI Binty, whereabouts in North Lincs are you?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
In Chester Binty, but I have many friends all over Lincs from Barton to Lincoln and all points in between.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The car looks really nice 👍 I think you’ll turn a few heads in that 👏

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Binty. Very nice. Love the interior. Looks like a well looked after one.Here’s hoping we both have trouble free motoring. We also have a Volvo albeit XC60 (Old model) which is our main vehicle. If I had to choose between the two my heart would say the Evoque as it’s just a pleasure to look at, sit in and drive. Common sense says we would keep the Volvo. Solid and reliable but it just doesn’t make me smile like the Evoque does. No doubt time will tell. Happy motoring 😎

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome, Binty. Car looks nice. Plenty of helpful people here :)

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Yes Makken00 and some nasty types too, I try to keep them at bay but some keep getting through!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes Makken00 and some nasty types too, I try to keep them at bay but some keep getting through!!!
🤣 🤣🤣 who are the nasty types?

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
There's quite a list of them but here goes-----

Veteran, Bazz, Donna, XZ4, Maffy (Don't trust him!) Claybuster, DK, Doink, Doogi -- the list is far too long. ;)

Reactions: Binty and XZ4

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I resemble that description !!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Or should that have been resent 🤔

·
Registered
259 Posts

Veteran, Bazz, Donna, XZ4, Maffy (Don't trust him!) Claybuster, DK, Doink, Doogi -- the list is far too long. ;)
Not surprised and couldn't agree more! As I expected....... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Maffy and XZ4

·
Registered
259 Posts
Binty, was there any reason that you opted for 3 door version?

And you may wish to add all the specs in your signature.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Makkan00, I will add a signature.

As for the three door version, we have nearly always had two door cars, mainly coupes and convertibles. I just like the lines better, it is quite good looking for an SUV. Plus we don’t need a five door.
I blame it on my early years of Capri’s and Manta’s four door says Cortina or Cavalier in my head. One day I may grow up, but only if necessary.😉

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

Good list, pleased to have made it 😜

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
The cream of the crop Sir.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts