Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi David.

When you looked at your display for the trailer, did you go through any of the questions, I've added my van as it asked for axle type & dimensions and now it's asking me connect to it, how far did you go with yours.

Thanks
Rob.

PS picked the car up yesterday, certainly a lot better than I was expecting, pretty nippy for sure, so far very pleased.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Towing up-date - The car is fitted with Trailer assist which gives me a camera view down the side of the van which is very useful when negotiating tight bends and reversing - nice bonus for sure, it wasn't on my build list.

As for the tow itself, put it in save (had a 83% charge to start with and finished with 82% charge) pulled off in electric, which was extremely smooth then changed over to petrol once I got moving and it was seamless, the pull on the engine is very good and soon gets you to the speed limit and beyond (towing speed limit) the engine did not feel under pressure and soon settled into the cruising gears, the van felt very stable and certainly not as twitchy as it felt with the Countryman.

I was surprized how much the electric mode was used, even in save mode, but to be honest I actually liked it as the smoothness was so good and effortless it would go up to just under 40 mph in electric before changing over to petrol, going down hills the engine would drop out and regeneration would take place slowing you down just like normal engine braking. Not sure on fuel but it looks to be mid 20's plus what the electric drive was (but it was only a 35 mile trip so no real figures for comparison yet) - overall very happy.

Rob.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof
13 Posts
Hi David.

When you looked at your display for the trailer, did you go through any of the questions, I've added my van as it asked for axle type & dimensions and now it's asking me connect to it, how far did you go with yours.

Thanks
Rob.

PS picked the car up yesterday, certainly a lot better than I was expecting, pretty nippy for sure, so far very pleased.
Hi Rob. When I connect the caravan the car asks me to set up a trailer. I tell it the van is single axle, and it’s about 3m from the hitch to the axle but when I try to input the width it won’t accept 2.1m. The OK button appears to “click” but nothing happens.
Cheers, David

·
Registered
13 Posts
PS Rob. I think you must have Advanced Tow Assist as I don’t get the camera views down the side of the van.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Towing up-date - The car is fitted with Trailer assist which gives me a camera view down the side of the van which is very useful when negotiating tight bends and reversing - nice bonus for sure, it wasn't on my build list.

As for the tow itself, put it in save (had a 83% charge to start with and finished with 82% charge) pulled off in electric, which was extremely smooth then changed over to petrol once I got moving and it was seamless, the pull on the engine is very good and soon gets you to the speed limit and beyond (towing speed limit) the engine did not feel under pressure and soon settled into the cruising gears, the van felt very stable and certainly not as twitchy as it felt with the Countryman.

I was surprized how much the electric mode was used, even in save mode, but to be honest I actually liked it as the smoothness was so good and effortless it would go up to just under 40 mph in electric before changing over to petrol, going down hills the engine would drop out and regeneration would take place slowing you down just like normal engine braking. Not sure on fuel but it looks to be mid 20's plus what the electric drive was (but it was only a 35 mile trip so no real figures for comparison yet) - overall very happy.

Rob.
Yes it’s a great tow car. Hill starts are a doddle with the “Hold” function. I get upper 20s mpg while towing in Save mode. I haven’t found a hill it won’t tow up in electric or petrol only modes.
Enjoy your driving. David

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Rob. When I connect the caravan the car asks me to set up a trailer. I tell it the van is single axle, and it’s about 3m from the hitch to the axle but when I try to input the width it won’t accept 2.1m. The OK button appears to “click” but nothing happens.
Cheers, David
Hmmm I think I can see your problem the dimensions are in mm not m so your length should be 3000 and the width 2100 - that might help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm I think I can see your problem the dimensions are in mm not m so your length should be 3000 and the width 2100 - that might help.
If only .... . I’ve tried using mm (and changing the units and using the appropriate dimensions) but it still won’t accept the width. I’m sure it’s a software glitch but as I haven’t got Advanced Tow Assist it doesn’t make any difference- it just annoys me slightly every time we hitch up. Which Model Year is yours and which infotainment software do you have? Mine is MY20.5 with InControl Touch Pro software.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If only .... . I’ve tried using mm (and changing the units and using the appropriate dimensions) but it still won’t accept the width. I’m sure it’s a software glitch but as I haven’t got Advanced Tow Assist it doesn’t make any difference- it just annoys me slightly every time we hitch up. Which Model Year is yours and which infotainment software do you have? Mine is MY20.5 with InControl Touch Pro software.
Mines a MY21 not sure about the software but it was up-dated on the 1st September 2021, I've just got the trailer assist which helps a lot more than you realise, it predicts where the van is going when reversing, the only difference from the advance is you steer with your steering wheel and not the heater control, I did take a picture of the display but it's not the best pic.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Bumper

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Rob. That’s interesting that you haven’t got Advanced Trailer Assist but you’ve been able to complete the setup process and have the camera views shown in your photo. Perhaps it’s the software that’s making the difference although I don’t know if I’ve got the cameras (presumably in the wing mirrors) to produce these views. Also I get these views from looking in my extension mirrors so I’m not sure what you gain from the camera views apart from seeing both sides together on the screen. I’ll have another chat with my dealer (Guy Salmon in Stockport). Cheers, David

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi Rob. That’s interesting that you haven’t got Advanced Trailer Assist but you’ve been able to complete the setup process and have the camera views shown in your photo. Perhaps it’s the software that’s making the difference although I don’t know if I’ve got the cameras (presumably in the wing mirrors) to produce these views. Also I get these views from looking in my extension mirrors so I’m not sure what you gain from the camera views apart from seeing both sides together on the screen. I’ll have another chat with my dealer (Guy Salmon in Stockport). Cheers, David
Hi David.

If you have 360 deg view then you will have the cameras. with the trailer assist you have extended lines down the side of the car which helps guide you when reversing which I found very useful - the thing is if you should have it then it should working so taking it back is only right.

On the brakes of your car do you find that the front disc's don't clean up very well, I've done nearly a 1000 miles and the discs are still looking ringed and dull, the backs are OK - I'm having it checked today to see if there is an issue.

Rob.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts