Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I thought I’d sign up to the forum, as we’ve just reserved a 2017 Evoque to look at when the dealers reopen next week.

Its a car that both my partner and I have always wanted, plus it’s probably time to grow up and get something a little more sensible, than our usual hot hatches and smaller cars.

So my main reason for finding the forum - How do people find the reliability of these cars? Is there anything that we need to look out for with owning one of these?
The one we’ve reserved is a 2.0 2WD eD4 SE Tech. Is the updated engines a more reliable option?
Ive seen so many mixed reviews on the cars, however we just absolutely love them!

Thanks everybody. :)

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
Enjoy your new purchase, for every complaint/issue there are 100 praises. like any modern car there can be issues. people only tend to report issues and there are many who have never had any problems-they are a great car.
make sure you get a free umbrella when you collect your car.
oh, and welcome.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,674 Posts
Hi and welcome. Like Maffy said, there are more good ones than bad. Just look forward to getting it and enjoy when you do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good luck with the viewing, there's always plenty of help here if needed. I'm sure you'll love the car if you decide to buy, still smiling a year after I bought mine.
Rob.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome, and you may wish to share the link of the car advert. Just in case, if someone here owned it.

Also, worth of reading this section:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Welcome 👋 I’d wait until after you’ve reserved the car to share the advert, if it’s a nice one someone might jump in first 😱🤣

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hi, welcome, stick around you’ll enjoy it 👍

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
or Cringe !!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi,

I thought I’d sign up to the forum, as we’ve just reserved a 2017 Evoque to look at when the dealers reopen next week.

Its a car that both my partner and I have always wanted, plus it’s probably time to grow up and get something a little more sensible, than our usual hot hatches and smaller cars.

So my main reason for finding the forum - How do people find the reliability of these cars? Is there anything that we need to look out for with owning one of these?
The one we’ve reserved is a 2.0 2WD eD4 SE Tech. Is the updated engines a more reliable option?
Ive seen so many mixed reviews on the cars, however we just absolutely love them!

Thanks everybody. :)
Hi Harpham and welcome.

Like others have said, the Evoque is a smashing car-after more than three years of ownership I still look forward to every drive.

I think I'm right in saying that the 2WD eD4 model requires annual servicing, as against every 2 years for the 4WD. This will mean that you get an annual oil change and should help to avoid the oil dilution and "driving style" issues that have attracted a lot of adverse comments. I'm getting the oil in my 4WD changed in between the 2-yearly services as a precaution.

Generally, provided you do occasional fast motorway runs and don't just do short trips in town you needn't worry.

Hopefully the car will come with a dealer's warranty for at least 12 months, as when an Evoque has mechanical problems they can be expensive to fix.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all the welcome guys. Great to hear your opinions on the cars.

I’m looking forwards to viewing it next week. Fingers crossed, it’s what were expecting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Harpham and welcome.

Like others have said, the Evoque is a smashing car-after more than three years of ownership I still look forward to every drive.

I think I'm right in saying that the 2WD eD4 model requires annual servicing, as against every 2 years for the 4WD. This will mean that you get an annual oil change and should help to avoid the oil dilution and "driving style" issues that have attracted a lot of adverse comments. I'm getting the oil in my 4WD changed in between the 2-yearly services as a precaution.

Generally, provided you do occasional fast motorway runs and don't just do short trips in town you needn't worry.

Hopefully the car will come with a dealer's warranty for at least 12 months, as when an Evoque has mechanical problems they can be expensive to fix.

Steve
That’s good to know. We’d get the oil changed every year, with an MOT, as a standard course of action either way. I think it’s just sensible to keep on top of the basics like that, regardless of service intervals.

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
It will be everythinh you are looking for-Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... We viewed the car, absolutely fell in love with it. We’re now owners of an Evoque.

I haven’t really got many photos of the whole car up to yet, but we’re absolutely in love with it. It has everything you could want in a car, really impressed!

Straight away, I’ve got my “detailing“ head back on (I used to detail cars years ago, as a little side job & hobby) and restocked the kit I need to get rid of the swirl marks in the paint and really bring out its colour. I’ve also cracked on and debadged the rear, polished the exhaust tips and cleaned the engine bay.

What a fantastic car!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice one! We have a similar colour but old shaped with black pack. With black wheels, they are really nice looking cars.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Love the colour 😁

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
Hope you are very pleased with your purchase-it is a lovely looking car-Enjoy it.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Hi and welcome car looks great ... loving the blue watering can too

·
Registered
2018 HSE Dynamic Black Pack
45 Posts
Lovely looking car 👍. I’ve just bought one and it’s funny how you look out for Evoques when you’re out and about once you get one. I was at a customers house today and hadn’t realised that they had one before 🙄. It was a lovely grey colour with black wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts