Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Landmark Moraine Blue Evoque
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi found this forum and glad I did . Looks full of great inforamtion.

We are looking at buying a Range Rover Evoque auto, about 16/17 plate. Have around 26/27k.

Your probably see me alot on tne forum now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helpful bunch. Except me, I known nothin :eek:

Anyway, hi there. Good luck with your search.
Thanks, wife has given me a list of must haves and mustn't have. :(

So much choice out there, do I use a main dealer though for 12 months warrenty?

Been looking all over on line at the moment, hope to get out once lock down restrictions are lifted more.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine's old now but back then keyless and powered tailgate were extra. Wasn't going to bother. Had my arm twisted, so glad for both now tbh.

Oh, and if we do get another it'll probably be petrol next time.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
329 Posts
Welcome sure you will find loads of advice on here as well as some obtuse references 😂

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well found a Evoque with everything we wanted and the colour ( Moraine Blue (Metallic) with Ebony Leather interior) we love.

Now a very proud owner of an 18 plate Range Rover Evoque 2.0 TD4 (180hp) Landmark.

To say I'm excited is a slight understatemant. It's being delivered Wednesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Looks amazing 👍 love the colour, there’s an identical one just round the corner from me on private plates, always admired it every time I pass 👍

Reactions: thfccambs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, we are over the moon.

Has been a nightmare finding all the extra's we wanted with this colour.

Now to look for extra security, ghost 2 and tracker I think we'll look at.

With the current situation in the world the car is being dropped of so no hand over. Will be a hard learning curve over the next few weeks and lots of questions. :)

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,031 Posts
Hi and welcome. Great colour, Nice to see one that's not Black, Grey or Red for a change .

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Hi and welcome... looks great luv the colour

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Very nice, certainly a change as XZ4 says. I’ve never seen one that colour before. 👌

·
Registered
204 Posts
😎 very nice car 👍

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
329 Posts
Welcome, very pretty looking car.
Give yourself a few weeks to learn everything it does. Some features are hidden deep in menus. On mine I found three features that had been turned off from new. The selling owner was very surprised !!
Enjoy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well so far my Evoque ownership hasn't been a good experince.
Car was delivered on Tuesday, wife noticed straight away a bit of trim hanging off and also a scratch on the boot. Was told the Evoque was in excellent condition with no marks at all.
Car was dirty in side with god knows what in the cupo holder section.

Also when you reverse the Evoque ,theres areally loud bellowing/Groan.

Emailed the JLR in Glouster where Evoque was purchase from, haven't even had a call frtom the sales man, so much for after sales by the sales man. Had a call from JLR services on Wednesday to tell me they'd have my Evoque in to my local JLR to get these issue sorted this week, also they was aware of the loud groaning nose when rerversing.

Still nothing from them, serious thinking I may just reject the car if this is the service you recieve after spending nearly 30k.

How do I go about escelating this higher with JLR? From a quick search on the forum it looks like this could be a long process.

Gutted as it took months to find the exact JLR Evoque with all the colour/extras we wanted. :cautious:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Not a good start at all.... I think I’d be making JLR complaints aware of this... as to returning it I think at this point you need to give them one chance of repair... I’d let them do that , I’d email these photos to JlR and dealership and let them know that you are aware that consumer rights act 2015 gives them this opportunity , but unless it is professionally repaired and you are given a curtesy car in the interim , if it is not repaired to your satisfaction then you will return car..... back every conversation up with a email, and don’t take no or there excuses for a awnser .. sure it will be fixed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a good start at all.... I think I’d be making JLR complaints aware of this... as to returning it I think at this point you need to give them one chance of repair... I’d let them do that , I’d email these photos to JlR and dealership and let them know that you are aware that consumer rights act 2015 gives them this opportunity , but unless it is professionally repaired and you are given a curtesy car in the interim , if it is not repaired to your satisfaction then you will return car..... back every conversation up with a email, and don’t take no or there excuses for a awnser .. sure it will be fixed
Thanks for taking the time to reply Donna, wasn't expecting such a quick reply on a friday. You can tell pubs are shut :)

I've emailed JLR and I did say in my eamil to the sales man I was happy for a repair. It's just the fact that I haven't had a reply or anyone contact me as promised. For me I've always been a BMW buyer buy the wife wanted a JLR Evoque. :censored:

I'll see what happens over the next week, I'd seriously be gutted to have to return the Evoque as we both love it. Customer service so far though , has been poor to say the least.

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Customer service has always been notoriously slow .... call them Monday get a case number then call dealership and advise them you have involved JLR complaints the dealership is just a franchise it’s JLR complaints that call the shots the dealership will maybe act a bit faster if they k ow you’re involving complaints... just take names and email addresses of who you speak too and start email further to our conversation 😘

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll keep the thread update. Hopefully this will have a happy ending.

Love the Evoque by the way, everything we expected and more, looks fantastic. Apple car play is great, nice little upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
95 Posts
Hope that you get your issues sorted. Love the slippers BTW.

Reactions: thfccambs and XZ4
1 - 20 of 52 Posts