Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gutted today! Driving along, still feeling rather *special* about being the only Evoque on the block (and sometimes reading this forum, the land!) and then, just as I stopped at the pedestrian crossing, I looked to the right and there it was a White Dynamic (as it had the red badge!). I felt a little jaded to be honest.

This got me to thinking, have LR done any research on where the most evoques are in the country, what sort of person is buying them, how long are they planning on keeping them etc

Perhaps it seems a bit of a strange thing to think about, but I do wonder whether the person who picks prestige build has a different 'make up' to the dynamic build (like the difference between RR Sport and Vogue drivers!)

Anyway, all is not lost, a clear message is being sent. There are at least 2 different types of evoque within one postcode area. We can't just both have been 'lucky' so if you are still waiting, be patient and soon we will be waving at each other every time we turn a corner (though secretly I hope not for the sake of residuals!!)

·
Registered
118 Posts
It stands to reason that with the high level of demand, Evoques are going to become a relatively common sight in the UK.

The car is clearly aimed at the mid-price urban life-style market. The 5 door especially is going to become the school run weapon of choice and the width of the car is likely to cause even more traffic and parking congestion than it does now.

Out here in conservative rural Gloucestershire where Freelanders are everywhere, the Evoque will nibble at the horse trailer towing market but I think it's more an urban than a rural car in spite of its off-roading abilities.

There's going to be a glut of these things come re-sale time and if white has faded from people's affections in three years time, quite a few long faces over resale values. The world can only take so many white Evoques.

Edited by: mark_n

·
Registered
16 Posts
mark_n said:
It stands to reason that with the high level of demand, Evoques are going to become a relatively common sight in the UK.

The car is clearly aimed at the mid-price urban life-style market. The 5 door especially is going to become the school run weapon of choice and the width of the car is likely to cause even more traffic and parking congestion than it does now.

Out here in conservative rural Gloucestershire where Freelanders are everywhere, the Evoque will nibble at the horse trailer towing market but I think it's more an urban than a rural car in spite of its off-roading abilities.

There's going to be a glut of these things come re-sale time and if white has faded from people's affections in three years time, quite a few long faces over resale values. The world can only take so many white Evoques.

That would be me!!!!

I was the 40th order at my local dealer, there were quite a few going to farmers, I would guess with farming not making as much ££££ they are maybe Range rover Sport/Vogue replacements due to the lower price bracket.

It was a good marketing plan by Range Rover, a smaller, better prices rangie, they have attracted a new market, And that means me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts