Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
P300e HSE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Happy owner (yes yes!…well so far ) of a p300e HSE since beginning of October and after a 7 months wait.
I have been following many of the discussions “in the shadow” and with a bit of anxiety wondering what new issues other owners might report… but I thought it would be great to subscribe and share my experience with you… overall i’m very happy with it, the only disappointments worth noticing :
  • EV engine power is a bit limited (especially when entering the motorway)
  • AppleCar play not working like 25% of the time, i have to plug and unplug the cable or even turn off the car completely, hopefully the new os update will sort this out
  • 360 cameras a little bit approximative to my taste, laterally especially … I often end up parked to far from the curb…

What I like the most:
  • The ride comfort in EV… in town or when maneuvering and the combined power in Hybrid!
  • The clearsight mirror, brillant!
  • The fact that DC charging is possible
  • Easy to park, drive in town and yet having the comfort of a much bigger car

Still waiting for the second key though, my dealership gave me only one on reception day due to chip shortages apparently…

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Tire

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Sky

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
hi Lauren and welcome to the forum, I'm glad you're enjoying the car and yes I agree clear sight mirror is brilliant I don't think I could go back to normal one now ... you were lucky to get cameras as they've been stopped now part from the reverse camera of course... your car looks fab .. enjoy . :)

Reactions: LaurentBa352

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
Hello and welcome Lauren nice looking mota and a great colour choice but im bias :p.
Hope you have many smiles and miles without issue's

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
Hi and Welcome.

Not seen a HSE that wasn't a R-Dynamic before, must be a new option for Europe, looks good though.

You say the engine is limited when pulling onto a motorway, have you tried putting it in sport and then hit the gas, I tow with mine and have never felt the engine was underpowered, in fact when you ask for more power the electric kicks in so you are getting up to the max power which is just over 300 BHP giving a 0 - 60 mph in 6.1 seconds which is pretty dam good for a vehicle of this size and weight.

Yes there are some good features fitted, I like the tow assist as it helps for reversing, I've used the rear-view mirror a couple of times when I've had items in the back, strange at first but you soon get used to it.

Enjoy the car as they are very comfortable for sure.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Hi and welcome. Just checked and HSE is only available in R Dynamic in the UK

·
Registered
P300e HSE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi and Welcome.

Not seen a HSE that wasn't a R-Dynamic before, must be a new option for Europe, looks good though.

You say the engine is limited when pulling onto a motorway, have you tried putting it in sport and then hit the gas, I tow with mine and have never felt the engine was underpowered, in fact when you ask for more power the electric kicks in so you are getting up to the max power which is just over 300 BHP giving a 0 - 60 mph in 6.1 seconds which is pretty dam good for a vehicle of this size and weight.

Yes there are some good features fitted, I like the tow assist as it helps for reversing, I've used the rear-view mirror a couple of times when I've had items in the back, strange at first but you soon get used to it.

Enjoy the car as they are very comfortable for sure.
Thank you Rob!

I was told last summer that it would be one of the very last p300e HSE produced, the dealership guy even told me that the factory wanted to cancel the build and propose an SE version instead
Now the p300e is only available in Luxembourg for the SE version (without R-Dynamic) and of course all trim levels if you opt for R-Dynamic

By limited power I meant when it’s running on EV alone and in this specific situation, given the weight and the 105hp of the electric motor its not surprising at all… but you are right, there is plenty of power when both ICE and EV are in action :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts