Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

I got my Evoque back in September - it's a lovely car. It's a Prestige version in Ipanema Sand (something like that anyway). My dealer says it was the second one to be delivered out of his showroom and I believe him.

Anyway, this car is a bit more high tech than my previous car and, of course, being a Land Rover, has a few design differences from my previous car (a Mercedes). I'm learning all the time. The latest lesson that I have learned is "don't keep your keyless fob in the same pocket as your iPhone". They don't get along.

Don't ask me about parking sensors.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Rob

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome Rob. I don't post a great deal on the forum but read every day.

I have ordered Ipanema Sand with the Ambience interior in a Prestige, privacy glass but no black roof, and taken a chance as have only seenthe colouron one Discovery which passed me too quickly on the opposite carriageway. I have seen a few photos, but it would be great if you could upload some if you have the opportunity please?

How would you describe the colour? I have read varying descriptions, from champagne to beige with a hint of green, from classy and understated to boring.

Do you notice any other design differences of note, as I have just sold a Merc in readiness for my RRE which has been delayed? When I first drove a Merc I found everything so user friendly, only having to refer to the manual a couple of times in the first few weeks of ownership. I hope the RRE will be the same. I never thought I would buy any other car than Mercedes, but the RRE really stands out, has great reviews and I hope will match up to the high standards of Merc. I have owned 3 Mercedes and not had a days trouble with any of them, so the RRE has a lot to live up to!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi LDT, I too was / am a Merc man. E class amd CLS. Was a a real tough one whether to go for a new CLS or RRE. Never buy a car with your head so went for RRE and wife got the CLS which I have had from new and with 190k on it still runs like new. I made the right choice. RRE is a great car. Not perfect. As I have stated before on here some of the tech really needs a German ergonomic review. Does everything and more than the Merc, just getting it to do it is a bit long winded at times. Mainly referring to the sat nav, few other bits like the parking sensors, full beep when there is still at least 2 or even 3 foot left, Merc full beeps when there is a foot, full audio and visual front and rear sensor always on below certain speed, drivers seat not right (in Dynamic) needs a bum shuffle to left, fuel not good buts boring now, fuel tank far too small as a result for us big milers. Yet these are relatively minor niggles because it does so much so well you can overlook these. In short, don't worry about he Merc, RRE is right up there. Remains to be seen if it can stand the test of time but I think it will if it can get to Merc levels of reliability.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks Geogeo, that's a help to know, as I'm now prepared!

Only time will tell if the RRE will prove as reliable as Mercs normally are, but fingers crossed we will all be happy.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi LDT,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

I seem to be a bit technologically challenged when it comes to posting pics (will try again later) but a quick Google search turned up this:

http://www.roverhaul.com/galleries/2012-rrevoque-5dr-dynamic-paint/Range_Rover_Evoque_5_door_Dynamic_Ipanema_Sand

Hope the link works. The pic is pretty close to mine, although my car has nicer wheels. :) I like it - classy.

My previous car was a Mercedes and, whilst it never actually broke down, it did cause me plenty of problems. Luckily most of them were sorted out while it was still under warranty but, when the time came to trade it in, it threw a 600 quid wobbly (why does the pound key not work here???)

Anyway, all is well with the Evoque so far.

Edited for proper link and stuff.

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
Edited by: RobF

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Rob

Thanks for this. I have seen many pics of Ipanema Sand, some showing the colour darker than others, so your link was very helpful as I know now that this shows a true representation of the colour. Also, very pleased to read that you think the colour is "classy"!

Sorry to hear of your problems with your Merc - I hope you fare better with the RRE. Out of interest, which wheels do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LDT,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

I may, or have may not, figured out posting images.

Here we go! The outside...

The inside...

·
Registered
186 Posts
! Thank you.

Looks great, as you said earlier, "classy". I feel more confident about my colour choice now. Have also ordered the same interior which I have seen on a showroom car and loved immediately.

You definitely have the best wheels btw!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No probs - looking at the spec in your signature, yours is very similar to mine. I think you'll enjoy it when you get it. I understand that by about March/April this year, the roads will be crawling with classy Evoques, and possibly, dare I say it, some less classy ones. <div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Until then, let me just say this:

NAHNNAHNAHNANNNA!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts