Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a new jet wash as my 10 year old karcher is abit tired now I like the look of the karcher k4 and if it last as long as my last one is worth every penny but is there anything better out there

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
65 Posts
A few years ago i also had to replace my very old karcher. Read a lot of bad stories about karcher quality nowadays. Bought a Kranzle… really perfect. Don’t think i will ever have to replace it again

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Had my Karcher about 6 years now, no problems except it won’t suck up the stuff for cleaning the patio now. Stick the tube in the bottle, 1 burst then that’s it.

Reactions: Markmark.123

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think I brought my Nilfisk E140 in 2006/7 and it's still going strong. I thought I broke it over winter as it's been living in the shed recently and I left the gun attached and it froze and broke off. Luckily a new gun attachment and it's as good a new.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
What's wrong with a hose, bucket and wash mit ? 😀

Reactions: B4ines and AllanG

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque, 2LT ED4, SE Tech, Black with White Leather Interior & Privacy Glass
51 Posts
Getting a Karcher k4 tomorrow,
Snow spray here I come

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Reactions: Brizzle

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Very nice, looks clean unlike the car lol

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Same as mine, but my car is cleaner than yours, & your jet wash is cleaner than mine 🤣

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
What's wrong with a hose, bucket and wash mit ? 😀
Nah, just use the drive through car wash. They can't be that bad can they?? :whistle: 🚶‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
I wouldn’t put Mrs V through a drive through car wash, never mind my car! 🤣

·
Registered
MY15 Pure Fuji White
18 Posts
Nah, just use the drive through car wash. They can't be that bad can they?? :whistle: 🚶‍♂️
Never take your car through one of those, it leaves loads of swirling scratches in the paint

·
Registered
298 Posts
Never take your car through one of those, it leaves loads of swirling scratches in the paint
Nah, they're nice and soft and say they don't do any damage so will be fine!

I am joking on the above and wish someone had told the previous owner of my Evoque that. It has clearly been through car washes for the first 4 years of its life! 😭
I'm going to machine polish it once the weather is better and will get some before and after images of the doors as even without direct sunlight you can see the swirls...it is the worst I have ever seen!

·
Registered
MY15 Pure Fuji White
18 Posts
Nah, they're nice and soft and say they don't do any damage so will be fine!

I am joking on the above and wish someone had told the previous owner of my Evoque that. It has clearly been through car washes for the first 4 years of its life! 😭
I'm going to machine polish it once the weather is better and will get some before and after images of the doors as even without direct sunlight you can see the swirls...it is the worst I have ever seen!
T-cut it mate, apply the T-cut one panel at a time but don’t take it off straight away, apply polish straight on top of it then buff off see how that comes out. I did valeting when I left school and that’s what we used to do

·
Super Moderator
2,695 Posts
I used to swear by T-Cut... haven't used it in a decade though, All Compunds and polishers now...

·
Registered
298 Posts
T-cut it mate, apply the T-cut one panel at a time but don’t take it off straight away, apply polish straight on top of it then buff off see how that comes out. I did valeting when I left school and that’s what we used to do
Will be using my Megs DA with buffing and polishing pads along with various levels of cutting/polishing compound I've amassed over the years.
Depending on how it looks after the first door will then decide if going to just apply a good few coats of wax/glaze or if I'll get a ceramic coat and do that. The swirls are that bad along with some RDS that I'm not confident it'll come up nice enough to Ceramic and may be better keeping on top of it.
Does also mean I can spend time polishing over the months/years :D

Reactions: Jmsbshp

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
G3 cutting compound is much better as it's water based and much easier to get off.

Reactions: PhilSkill
1 - 20 of 20 Posts