Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just about to order the new evoque in the first edition trim, but noticed the width of the evoque is 1996mm with mirrors folded. That would indicate a very tight squeeze through a 6’6” (2.0m) width restriction. Does anyone who has the new evoque experienced this? Many thanks, DK

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Believe it’s 1906 the measurements you have entered are for defender I think,.... where would you drive it into a 2 metre wide space? If it was a single garage you wouldn’t get out the door... if it’s a car park just take up two spaces?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. The 1996mm is from the Evoque official brochure. Per attached picture it quotes it as ‘mirrors folded’, I wonder if the widest point at the wheel arch level is slightly narrower than this? There are three 2.0m width restrictions near my home, hence the worry.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doogi. Yes it’s that “width mirrors folded” figure of 1996mm I saw. I am pretty sure this still includes some element of the folded mirror sticking out further than the side of the body. The below web site is stating the width as 1904mm. But I can’t see anything from Land Rover quoting that figure.
Is there anyone with the new Evoque that has driven through a 6’6” / 2.0m restriction?

·
Registered
MY 18, 2..0 Diesel Ingenium Auto; Firenze Red
139 Posts
Most width restrictions are below the height of mirrors ?

Regards
Richard

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
The body size has only gone up 4mm from 1900mm to 1904mm, Mirrors out its only 10mm larger 2090mm up to 2100mm, if the internet isnt lying to me :).

I have had to squeeze the old Model through a 6'6, was ok as Mirrors do go over the bollards, but would not want to do it everyday!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,452 Posts
The body size has only gone up 4mm from 1900mm to 1904mm, Mirrors out its only 10mm larger 2090mm up to 2100mm, if the internet isnt lying to me :).

I have had to squeeze the old Model through a 6'6, was ok as Mirrors do go over the bollards, but would not want to do it everyday!
Might be simpler with the new model with the cameras that let you see the front wheels

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,891 Posts
Believe it’s 1906 the measurements you have entered are for defender I think,.... where would you drive it into a 2 metre wide space? If it was a single garage you wouldn’t get out the door... if it’s a car park just take up two spaces?
Spoken like a real Lady driver ? I thought that was the default parking move for a Lady.:):LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. I called Land Rover, the technical team confirmed the width without mirrors is 1904mm. It would have been great if they put that in their brochure or on their web site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts