Evoque Owners Club banner

New Evoque, steering sensitive to effects of road camber?

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  DerbySteve 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm four weeks into ownership of a brand new P250 Evoque and am curious as to whether these vehicles are sensitive to the effects of road camber. I noticed the steering was very slightly off centre when I took delivery of the car but put it down to the severe camber on the country roads where I live. However, I've just done a 150 mile trip which was mainly motorways and the issue is still there. For example, when driving on a flat stretch of the M1 in the outside lane, if I straightened the steering wheel, it definitely steered slightly to the left. Does anyone know if this is normal and are these vehicles set up to allow for camber (hope that makes sense!)? Or should I be referring this back to the dealer to get them to check the wheel alignment?

Any comments would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Definitely not normal.
I've found the steering is really good.
Doesn't follow the camber of roads at all.
With all the bad weather recently even going through big puddles has no tug on the wheel.
I'd take it back to the dealer as it's just not right.
Get them to check the tracking also in case someone has whacked it on delivery or PDI throwing it out of alignment.

#5 ·
Does this after just 4 weeks of brand new ownership---LR hang your heads in shame-rapidly being overtaken by the likes od Hyundai and Kia-at least they stand by their LONG warranties!

Get a grip or we will be seeing headlines along the line "we are sorry to announce the closure of a iconic british brand " "all production is being moved to Islamabad and Moldovia" etc etc etc

#7 ·
Play merry Hell with them-what happened to thorough PDI?

#8 ·
I have mine set to keep me in the lane. On cruise control I can let it steer itself, though if I take my hands of the wheel too long it gives me a message not to!

Reactions: Jam911
#12 ·
I think the problem is that his steering wheel isn't set in the straight ahead position.
If yours is tracking straight when the wheel is straight then it sounds ok.
Try driving in a straight line with your finger and thumbs gently holding the wheel and feel for any pull to either side on a flat road.

#17 ·
Mine (also a brand new P250) does the same! It also steers slightly to the left. I thought it was normal - due to slight camber we have on most of our roads in Switzerland (it ain't flat around here). It does it even on highways. My previous car did the same, so I thought it was normal.

#19 ·
So I tested this morning on the highway and it seems that what I perceived as a problem is no longer there. As my Evoque was at the dealership last week for another issue, I guess they might have fixed that as well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.