Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I spoke to my dealer today about the Land Rover Remote app to find out what his own new Evoque does. His does the same as mine.

Early this morning I tried:

Starting the car indoors via the Remote app on my iPhone - car starts to pre-heat the car, remains unlocked with headlights off
Using the Remote app, unlocking the doors (drivers door only as a I have two stage unlocking on).
Car instrument cluster and centre screen show this, which is odd, as I can't figure out why it would say 'Press brake pedal to select gear':

As soon as you do touch the brake pedal and before you can engage a gear, the engine goes off. Requiring you to restart the car again to drive away.

I've also tried the same, but keeping the smart key in my pocket, unlocking the drivers door (rather than using the app to unlock) - same screen messages, same switch off when you push the brake pedal.

As ScreamingDead suggests this is a remote climate, not a remote start. Just odd that the message implies you just push the brake and the car will go into gear.

The Jaguar XE video and what 'Ernesto' suggests, indicates that different cars or software updates may do quite different things. In the Jag XE video, he pushes the brake and the car can be driven away? All very odd.

Ernesto - are you able to confirm the vehicle model and spec you have?

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On my home screen of the centre screen, I see three panels - navigation, media and phone.

Is it possible to customise these or rearrange the home screen?

·
Registered
266 Posts
On my home screen of the centre screen, I see three panels - navigation, media and phone.

Is it possible to customise these or rearrange the home screen?
Hi Rencar, yes you can modify the home screen, add pages, widgets and short cuts.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I’ve just been out and tried mine. Starting the engine via the app, then using the key fob to unlock the car, I have the same message displayed, pressing the brake pedal brings the lights on and the screens all start working. I can select drive and go.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’ve just been out and tried mine. Starting the engine via the app, then using the key fob to unlock the car, I have the same message displayed, pressing the brake pedal brings the lights on and the screens all start working. I can select drive and go.
Thanks for doing that. Well that is really strange. Mine switches off as soon as I press the brake pedal. Oh well!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
There is clearly a difference in software somewhere. Yours is a 20.5 so maybe they changed what happens when you press the brake pedal, but didn’t change the on screen message.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Honestly I have tried, but how do I get TA (Traffic announcements) working on my car. Previous car would drop back to FM to pickup a TA.

I normally have Apple Carplay or a DAB station running day to day. I did find the feature and switched it on (linking to a station, although I didn't really understand that), but it doesn't interrupt with any traffic announcements when driving?

Even if I listen to a BBC local radio DAB station, when the traffic comes on, it doesn't play louder or interrupt?

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,777 Posts
I cannot fathom what the three icons are on my instrument panel. I reckon they’re something to do with efficiency.

I think one of them is an accelerator icon, but when parked they look like this. When driving all three just stay with five green segments next to each one when driving? View attachment 6026
If you go to the 'Eco Data' screen it will show you tips and data on your driving,

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I didn’t realise the Evoque traffic sign recognition also displays signs like no overtaking. Erroneously it shows this sign on a particular stretch of road, but regardless I thought it only showed speed limit signs.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yes, the no overtaking sign is a common glitch and happens on other JLR products with the same system.
It can actually read that one in addition to the speed signs
It used to happen on my previous one on a particular stretch during roadworks so it is reading that sign.
Not seen any other signs though.
The cameras can be fooled on very rare occasions too so always rely on the mark one eyeball as a back up.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I think my Mk1 eyeballs are a little faulty, but unfortunately the warranty ran out a long long time ago 👀

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I had my first dabble today with the adaptive cruise and the adaptive speed limiter.

Not having the electronic or paper manual when you're driving (other than pulling over to check it), the adaptive speed limiter seemed very difficult to get on (in my view). By pushing the LIM button, the normal speed limiter came on, but not the adaptive speed version. With some trial and error, I think I held down Cancel and it converted. I couldn't seem to get it back to adaptive speed limiter on my way home, but maybe I wasn't doing it correctly again.

Very strange to use and it goes barmy when you exceed the limit. I wasn't speeding, but the stretch of road I was on is now 60mph and the car thought for some reason it was 30mph!

Adaptive cruise is great and I love how the HUD also shows up on the windscreen, a car symbol of the car in front, getting bigger if you gain on it. Seemed to work out the gap up and down from the steering wheel. I haven't figured out the follow mode and queue assist, but that's for another drive to work!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
As I discover more about my new car, I noticed today (and not mentioned anywhere in any brochures) that there are small LED strips that illuminate a white light at the back of each of the 4 door handles when you open the car up and the handles slide out. Noticeable when its dark of course.

I assume all the new Evoque's have these fitted, although I do have the ambient lighting option fitted as standard on mine.

Reactions: Dansam

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
As I discover more about my new car, I noticed today (and not mentioned anywhere in any brochures) that there are small LED strips that illuminate a white light at the back of each of the 4 door handles when you open the car up and the handles slide out. Noticeable when its dark of course.

I assume all the new Evoque's have these fitted, although I do have the ambient lighting option fitted as standard on mine.
Yes, I’ve only recently spotted these, as I haven’t been out at night in mine until the last couple of weeks. I love the Evoque silhouette puddle lights too. Also, the automatic main beam & dip feature works very well. Surprised me the first time it did it, and I still try to go for dip when a car appears in front, but the Evoque always beats me to it 😁

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Decided to press the voice button on the steering wheel and started a voice tutorial.

Blimey, on it went. Very interesting but sadly I had to get out the car, to go to work!

Seems like there’s lot of voice functionality as yet undiscovered. I’ll sit the full tutorial tomorrow!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I don’t think I’ve even done that yet 🤔

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,285 Posts
No idea if it's changed for the MY20 cars but I found the voice commands slow and clunky in my MY16 car. Quicker pressing buttons to activate something. Maybe I just didn't use it enough to get used to it though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just don't say "Evoque, begin auto-destruct sequence, authorization Picard 4-7 Alpha Tango." :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've asked it 'where can I buy fresh eggs' but it doesn't recognise that!

Reactions: mgrolys
21 - 40 of 97 Posts