Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot fathom what the three icons are on my instrument panel. I reckon they’re something to do with efficiency.

I think one of them is an accelerator icon, but when parked they look like this. When driving all three just stay with five green segments next to each one when driving?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Part of the trip display.
Keep pressing the button on the end of the lighting stalk and it will scroll through the various trip readings.
The one above is a kind of naughty boy thing where it shows your green performance.
To reset the trip, get onto a trip reading and press and hold the button and it will reset.
It's acceleration, speed and braking.
If you haven't got at least one of them amber then try harder !!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant - thank you and sorry for keeping asking questions. I purposely opened this new topic up, because I think I'm likely to have more (as I'm sure will others).

So in my image above, do I reset this trip to clear them back from all 5 green blocks (when driving), or do I just leave them and they will eventually just change colour dependant on the acceleration, speed and braking?

I've been driving the car like I should have a 'running in-please pass' sign in the back window!

·
Registered
962 Posts
If you press the button once more with that display up it will clear the screen.
Press again and you will scroll through the trip functions.
Yes, they will change colour after driving.
If you look at the main screen on the dash where nav/phone and media is displayed, you can swipe the whole screen to the left to bring up subsequent screens, one of which is an eco data one which will shows how you did on your recent journeys and other journeys.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,768 Posts
The EXTRA FEATURES menu screens give options for enabling, disabling, or adjusting the settings of available features. Touch the extra feature to launch the required application or settings screen:
  • Eco Data: The ECO data system is designed to provide vehicle data and driving tips to help the driver maximise fuel economy. Real-time ECO data can be viewed in the instrument panel.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PhilB - Thanks again.

I guess you know all this stuff from just trying it all. I've sat in the car for ages, and I'm still finding more functionality I don't understand.

Must admit the manual isn't great (nor the online one). Could do with some more diagrams and step by step instructions. I'd love to know how many people fair when they take delivery. I reckon they'll trade the car in, only knowing about 10% of its function.

Gawd knows what I'll do when it snows or is icy. Hopefully my car will know and adapt accordingly.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With regards to the Remote smartphone feature, I've managed to start the car up from my iPhone. When I then go out to the car (with the smart key in my pocket), I push the door handle button to unlock the car, get in, and there is a message on the screen about pushing the brake pedal. I did this and the engine went off! I then had to push the ignition button to start her up again.

Am I doing this wrong?

·
Registered
266 Posts
With regards to the Remote smartphone feature, I've managed to start the car up from my iPhone. When I then go out to the car (with the smart key in my pocket), I push the door handle button to unlock the car, get in, and there is a message on the screen about pushing the brake pedal. I did this and the engine went off! I then had to push the ignition button to start her up again.

Am I doing this wrong?
No, that's how the remote system works, it's just to condition the cabin temperature. It'll switch the engine off when you press the brake pedal, then you need to start the car as normal.

Have you looked at the Adaptive Cruise Control & Adaptive Speed Limiter yet?

·
Registered
266 Posts
PhilB - Thanks again.

I guess you know all this stuff from just trying it all. I've sat in the car for ages, and I'm still finding more functionality I don't understand.

Must admit the manual isn't great (nor the online one). Could do with some more diagrams and step by step instructions. I'd love to know how many people fair when they take delivery. I reckon they'll trade the car in, only knowing about 10% of its function.

Gawd knows what I'll do when it snows or is icy. Hopefully my car will know and adapt accordingly.
If you set the terrain response to auto (Terrain Response 2) the car will select the correct mode for the road conditions.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you.

From a previous post, I thought I was supposed to leave it in Comfort - right I'll go change that.

Oh OK - I thought I'd seen a video where they'd started the car remotely, then used the phone app to unlock the car and then were able to then drive away without the car turning off:

I know its a Jag, but I thought it would be the same. I just tried this method using the smartphone to remote start and then the phone to unlock the door. When I got in the car the message was on the screen about pressing the brake pedal, which I did, and the engine went off.

Adaptive Cruise Control/Speed Limiter! I've pushed the LIM button whilst driving and things happened - but once again didn't really get to grips with it all.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Similar systems as in my previous car a Jaguar XE V6.
A lot of this stuff is standard across the JLR ranges so pretty familiar albeit with a few tweaks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Whilst driving on dry roads the auto terrain response will normally default to comfort setting.

Another fun one to work out is hill decent control vs all terrain progress control (atpc)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I set the car to auto for auto terrain response, will it then keep going back to comfort mode as it’s default when I turn the car off? The other post suggested comfort was the default?

I think I’ll move home into the car as there is simply too much to get to understand!

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I set the car to auto for auto terrain response, will it then keep going back to comfort mode as it’s default when I turn the car off? The other post suggested comfort was the default?

I think I’ll move home into the car as there is simply too much to get to understand!
It should stay in Auto mode.

These are a few things to do or look at - set the driver aids up, get the matrix headlights working on auto, set the terrain response to auto, activate the brake hold modes, find a comfortable seating position and save it in a memory, copy some music onto a stick (I like to use the FLAC format). Try out the adaptive cruise control (set the distance between your car and the car in front) swap between the cruise and adaptive speed limiter to try it out. Try the voice commands, set two commands on the favourites button (diamond on left hand steering control), set the front parking sensors to activate automatically (can't remember if this was default setting).

You can also set up profiles so the car recognises you using your phone and key. This will then start to learn the settings you like to use when you start the car like heated seat and heated steering wheel.

Finally, enjoy the car 😀

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,768 Posts
It should stay in Auto mode.

These are a few things to do or look at - set the driver aids up, get the matrix headlights working on auto, set the terrain response to auto, activate the brake hold modes, find a comfortable seating position and save it in a memory, copy some music onto a stick (I like to use the FLAC format). Try out the adaptive cruise control (set the distance between your car and the car in front) swap between the cruise and adaptive speed limiter to try it out. Try the voice commands, set two commands on the favourites button (diamond on left hand steering control), set the front parking sensors to activate automatically (can't remember if this was default setting).

You can also set up profiles so the car recognises you using your phone and key. This will then start to learn the settings you like to use when you start the car like heated seat and heated steering wheel.

Finally, enjoy the car 😀
"The comfort driving program is automatically selected each time the ignition is switched on. The previous driving program selection is not retained when the ignition is switched off.

Some vehicles have the AUTO driving program, which automatically determines and selects the appropriate driving program for the current terrain and driving conditions. "

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys.

I turned the ignition on and off a few times after locking the car up, and Auto seems to be held.

I've found and switched the brake hold feature on and that's excellent. Just a firmer dab of the brakes and the car is held.

Does it leave the brake lights showing I wonder when you are showing 'Hold'?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you.

From a previous post, I thought I was supposed to leave it in Comfort - right I'll go change that.

Oh OK - I thought I'd seen a video where they'd started the car remotely, then used the phone app to unlock the car and then were able to then drive away without the car turning off:

I know its a Jag, but I thought it would be the same. I just tried this method using the smartphone to remote start and then the phone to unlock the door. When I got in the car the message was on the screen about pressing the brake pedal, which I did, and the engine went off.

Adaptive Cruise Control/Speed Limiter! I've pushed the LIM button whilst driving and things happened - but once again didn't really get to grips with it all.
Try unlocking the car without the phone? Mine does as the video mentions - get in, pick a gear and drive off. The engine doesn't switch off

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks - I'll try that but I think it still switches off (as I think that was the way I tried it last week).

When you get in the car (after starting it with the phone), the instrument panel says press brake and select gear (or similar). As soon as you push the brake pedal, the engine turns off.

What model and year is your Evoque?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks guys.

I turned the ignition on and off a few times after locking the car up, and Auto seems to be held.

I've found and switched the brake hold feature on and that's excellent. Just a firmer dab of the brakes and the car is held.

Does it leave the brake lights showing I wonder when you are showing 'Hold'?
No, when hold is displayed on the dash, the brake lights go off.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even more useful. Excellent.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts