Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we’re loving our new evoque r dynamic and have found a pleasure to drive. Really solid and comfortable ride. Interior is fantastic and gives a good feeling of space. Plenty of power and generally really impressed with the handling. We had a great first weekend with the car, having the opportunity to travel to the lake district and back from Newcastle upon Tyne with myself, my wife and our two young lads, who were fine in the back and seemed to enjoy the ride as much as us, We’re generally really pleased with our decision to go for this car, however one slight problem is that after only 300 miles use, we had to take it back to the garage with what they said was the particulate filter. After a couple of days, the problem was sorted and we got the car back, but wondered if this is a common problem and what would cause this issue. Many Thanks. Michael

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,116 Posts
Hi and welcome. DPF problems are common. Try using the "search community" function on here.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Hi Jono & welcome, how many miles did you cover over the weekend in question??

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
That mileage, assuming that you were going at a speed of 40ish mph should have forced a regen of your DPF see:
Regeneration normally takes 10-20 minutes and is best achieved if the vehicle is driven steadily at speeds between 60km/h (40mph) and 112km/h (70mph). Regeneration may take longer if the average speed is reduced to 50km/h (30mph).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know absolutely zero about the internals of a DPF. Would a brand new car of 300 mile vintage need a regen?

If so then how often is a regen performed and then how long would it go before stopping the car if it's not working?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I would not have thought so unless it did that mileage very, very, slowly. See:

Regeneration normally takes 10-20 minutes and is best achieved if the vehicle is driven steadily at speeds between 60km/h (40mph) and 112km/h (70mph). Regeneration may take longer if the average speed is reduced to 50km/h (30mph).

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,636 Posts
W
Hi, we’re loving our new evoque r dynamic and have found a pleasure to drive. Really solid and comfortable ride. Interior is fantastic and gives a good feeling of space. Plenty of power and generally really impressed with the handling. We had a great first weekend with the car, having the opportunity to travel to the lake district and back from Newcastle upon Tyne with myself, my wife and our two young lads, who were fine in the back and seemed to enjoy the ride as much as us, We’re generally really pleased with our decision to go for this car, however one slight problem is that after only 300 miles use, we had to take it back to the garage with what they said was the particulate filter. After a couple of days, the problem was sorted and we got the car back, but wondered if this is a common problem and what would cause this issue. Many Thanks. Michael
Welcome to the forum.
You haven't said how the DPF problem showed itself?
Did you get an amber or red DPF warning light, or perhaps a different warning?
I would ask the garage for more details. Was it a regen issue or perhaps on such a new vehicle it could have been another issue - dodgy sensor etc. etc.

PS. It's worth putting your vehicle MY (model year) and spec in your forum signature to help with answers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts