Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new evoque and need to stop the dogs destrying it so am doing some research on here.
I need a good boot liner and dog guard - help?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, after a bit of research, here's what I'm ordering for my Dynamic here in the States. Nice people too.

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1421

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our local Land Rover dealership put me onto a boot liner company who make custom made liners for both the standard boot and when the rear seats are folded down. Great for tools, tip and dogs. Check out Boot Buddy Ltd. www.boot-buddy.com

·
Registered
646 Posts
Had a boot buddy myself for my current car. Not the cheapest, but it has looked after my current car very well with many, many, many trips to the tip while doing my house up, and with the dogs in the back.

Can wholeheartedly recommend them

·
Registered
646 Posts
Forgot to mention. I've got an insignia, and whenI had mine, they had not fitted one before.
Phoned up and went to them and they measured up and fitted in less than 2hrs.

Brilliant service.

They don't mind doing this as they keep the measurements for other orders, which allows them to make them up for postal orders.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the US LandRover offers a full liner made for the vehicle. It is attached at the sides very well by Velcro making it snugly fit at all times It extends from the tailgate over a folded down back seat with convenient places to fold it mid way. In other words it is designed to cover everything behind the front row to the tailgate or everything including an erect second row seat to the tailgate. It also has an apron that drapes over the rear bumper area so that dog claws do not scratch the bumper area when they jump in. After the dog, or in our case dogs- we have two German Shepherds, are in you simply fold the apron into the Evoque. It was clearly shaped for the Evoque and fits absolutely perfectly. It even comes with a pair of gloves, but I will let one of you tell me what they are for. US Catalogue it is
Part VPLVS0090 and is called Flexible Load Space Protector described as Heavy-Duty fabric protects loadspaceup to window height.
I hope this helps -it works perfectly and looks great. Price $350 is a bargain for a custom designed liner.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Retort said:
In the US LandRover offers a full liner made for the vehicle. It is attached at the sides very well by Velcro making it snugly fit at all times It extends from the tailgate over a folded down back seat with convenient places to fold it mid way. In other words it is designed to cover everything behind the front row to the tailgate or everything including an erect second row seat to the tailgate. It also has an apron that drapes over the rear bumper area so that dog claws do not scratch the bumper area when they jump in. After the dog, or in our case dogs- we have two German Shepherds, are in you simply fold the apron into the Evoque. It was clearly shaped for the Evoque and fits absolutely perfectly. It even comes with a pair of gloves, but I will let one of you tell me what they are for. US Catalogue it is
Part VPLVS0090 and is called Flexible Load Space Protector described as Heavy-Duty fabric protects loadspaceup to window height.
I hope this helps -it works perfectly and looks great. Price $350 is a bargain for a custom designed liner.

You can get exactly the same liner in the UK, and it's the same part number (I purchased one with the car, and think it's excellent - even comes with it's own neat bag). The only difference is that they are £110 here, about half the US price!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am happy to hear that although it does seem confusing why others are getting custom made liners when there is a great one available from LandRover. As to the US price, anything comparable here would cost much more than $350 so I'm pleased to have it and to contribute the extra funds.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Retort said:
I am happy to hear that although it does seem confusing why others are getting custom made liners when there is a great one available from LandRover. As to the US price, anything comparable here would cost much more than $350 so I'm pleased to have it and to contribute the extra funds.

Very magnanimous!

Some at least of the non-Land Rover ones are designed to maintain full cover when the seats are lowered, whereas the LR one leaves a gap at the sides forward of the original seat back position. However, I think the LR one is fine even in that position, and it's brilliant with the seats up. I looked at the bespoke ones, and some of them charge extra for seat lowering capability, and some charge extra for the flap that covers the bumper. The LR one also has the neat back which creates a full enclosure and protects the rear tailgate. So, I agree with you - people should buy the LR one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
P.S. They are £93.50 at Duckworths, for any UK buyers (plus postage if you can't collect, which is why I purchased from my dealer as the postage almost makes up the price difference).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I have been looking for ages. This looks ideal and have ordered one. So much rubbish on eBay Edited by: Clive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK - I have done my research, new car almost here the BEST boot protection that I have found that I have found and SEEN is a HATCHBAG
My Landroversales guy showed me a Hatchbag that they had fitted to one of their demo vehilces - in bright RED it looked stuning - never seen anything like it. A perfect fit and looked sooooooooo good

Have spoken to Ralph at Hatchbag who says that the Evoque is currently their best selling liner, I have to wait 10 Days for them to manufacture, but hey I have waited over 10 weeks lready for my Evoque.

·
Registered
208 Posts
DizzyDi said:
OK - I have done my research, new car almost here the BEST boot protection that I have found that I have found and SEEN is a HATCHBAG
My Landroversales guy showed me a Hatchbag that they had fitted to one of their demo vehilces - in bright RED it looked stuning - never seen anything like it. A perfect fit and looked sooooooooo good

Have spoken to Ralph at Hatchbag who says that the Evoque is currently their best selling liner, I have to wait 10 Days for them to manufacture, but hey I have waited over 10 weeks lready for my Evoque.

By the time you've added the bumper cover flap, seat back flap, tailgate cover, etc., it's a lot dearer than the LR version, and that fits at least as neatly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So what is the best dog guard to buy ???

My will be a 3 door dynamic when it comes, but i would like a dog guard i can leave in even when the parcel shelf is fitted.

Any ideas

·
Registered
219 Posts
travall, i bought one for my 5 door and its superb, piece of cake to fit/remove and is rock solid with no rattles. Itcan be left in with parcel shelf fitted too. (this has caused me once to shut the dog in the boot with the shelf fitted, drove about a milebefore i realised!)Cost about £110 including postage.
The do a 3 door specifc one too.

Edited by: ED209

1 - 18 of 18 Posts