Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 P300e SE, priv glass, pano roof, wool interior, black pack...
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New car day for me!! After ordering back in July.. love it so far, it's a P300 SE, however I just realised that it didn't come with a charging cable for a 13a plug.. only the type2 charger, is that normal?

·
Registered
39 Posts
New car day for me!! After ordering back in July.. love it so far, it's a P300 SE, however I just realised that it didn't come with a charging cable for a 13a plug.. only the type2 charger, is that normal?
Congratulations - really good looking car!

The PHEV comes with a type 2 to type 2 charging lead only. You can buy a type 2 to 13A plug cable as an extra. I did spot this when I ordered mine because whilst I am sat at work I use the 13A plug arrangement as we have no charging point. I always thought it was a bit odd not to provide the 13A plug option but then I did have 2 back-to-back Outlander PHEV's that did have the 13A plug cable and did not come with the Type 2 cable. I suppose it depends on your own personal set-up. Some might be put off by the long charging time using the 13A plug but as my journey to work is 10 miles then the charge time to full again is around 2-2.5hrs.....oh and it's free!

Enjoy your car!

Reactions: OMallz

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats, first "21" plate I have seen (y) ....red seems a popular colour at the moment

The 13amp plug type are really only for emergency use and most people get a charger installed, thats why I think manufacturers (not just RR) have started to provide the type 2 to type 2 by default.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations - really good looking car!

The PHEV comes with a type 2 to type 2 charging lead only. You can buy a type 2 to 13A plug cable as an extra. I did spot this when I ordered mine because whilst I am sat at work I use the 13A plug arrangement as we have no charging point. I always thought it was a bit odd not to provide the 13A plug option but then I did have 2 back-to-back Outlander PHEV's that did have the 13A plug cable and did not come with the Type 2 cable. I suppose it depends on your own personal set-up. Some might be put off by the long charging time using the 13A plug but as my journey to work is 10 miles then the charge time to full again is around 2-2.5hrs.....oh and it's free!

Enjoy your car!
Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to make sure they hadn’t forgot to give me it.. I hadn’t noticed when I ordered🤦🏻‍♂️
My home charger doesn’t arrive until tomorrow 😬👍🏻

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats, first "21" plate I have seen (y) ....red seems a popular colour at the moment

The 13amp plug type are really only for emergency use and most people get a charger installed, thats why I think manufacturers (not just RR) have started to provide the type 2 to type 2 by default.
yeah I’d noticed the number of red cars too recently, I placed my order a long time ago and ordered the non-leather cloud interior, which may make it a little bit odd but thankfully now it’s arrived I love it!

·
Registered
530 Posts
yeah I’d noticed the number of red cars too recently, I placed my order a long time ago and ordered the non-leather cloud interior, which may make it a little bit odd but thankfully now it’s arrived I love it!
We need pics (y)

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
Very nice! Looks lovely with the red and black combo

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
93 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I picked up my P300e today as well and am currently conducting my first charge. The screen in the car shows progressive charging (it's exciting for the first time!) but to my surprise I don't get a flashing green light at the charging point on the car at the same time. Is this right? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
97 Posts
Looks stunning. good choice of colour and spec.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: JamToo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I picked up my P300e today as well and am currently conducting my first charge. The screen in the car shows progressive charging (it's exciting for the first time!) but to my surprise I don't get a flashing green light at the charging point on the car at the same time. Is this right? Thanks in advance.
I‘llcheck tomorrow when my charger is in, unless someone else who already has one sees the thread 👍🏻

Reactions: Whoever

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,483 Posts
Red with the black pack and black wheels looks great. Enjoy !!!

Reactions: OMallz and Doink

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
97 Posts
Mine initially flashed green, then when locked the light goes out. I haven't tried unlocking during a charge cycle yet to see what the status of the light would be.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
635 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
93 Posts
Mine initially flashed green, then when locked the light goes out. I haven't tried unlocking during a charge cycle yet to see what the status of the light would be.
Many thanks. All seems well then!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,193 Posts
Evoque looks wonderful, congratulation.
That is the 21 plate I’ve seen :)
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered