Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
MY13 dynamic 190 5 door - firenze red
iv 175 miles on my car since leaving the Desmond Motors Fordstore Londonderry NI, and its 88 miles home.
there was a grinding noise from the front pads when braking, when we had it out a spin in friday evening, sounded like my old 171 rally pads i used to use on some project racing cars.
there is 2 mm left on the lowest of the pads and theyre as hard and dried out as dog crap in the sun.
there is 24k on the car, presume them original.
you would think the dealer could throw 拢40 odd at the car considering the money i paid them , and its only now done 175 mls since leaving them. its a occasional car for us, van is a daily.
they say they gave it the once over for Mot ready in Jan, 馃檹 . !!!
i think it will need a thorough check by myself.
this was an in and out quick turn round sale and take their chances.
im not at all surprised, im 30 yrs in motortrade, and its the 2nd car ever! i have bought of a dealer. i dont like their ways. and iv workes for quite a few, iv even left businesses because of their ways.
i only sign a job card to a safe car, it always came first.
not saying either that low pads are dangerous, but they should last to the next service. theyre just all about profit.

Registered
MY13 dynamic 190 5 door - firenze red

Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic
Look like a nice little project thanks for posting .. we love our Evoque but always thought the brakes could be better and I suppose unfair to compare to our F Type and mini cooper S ... but I always thought it's a shame they do not offer a big brake kit (front and back) as a factory option as I am sure lots of purchasers would tick that option box .. just a thought
regards

Registered
I have found the brakes OK tbh, but I must admit, I鈥檓 out in the RCZ this morning, first time for a while, and apart from forgetting I have to change gear when approaching junctions, I have nearly put myself through the windscreen a couple of times when braking. The enormous callipers on that do stop you ridiculously quickly.

Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
Discussion Starter #25
My old Golf R had 340mm front fronts and big calipers.....by jesus that stoppedwhen needed, that much so I'm sure I could gave lifted the rear wheels off the floor. :ROFLMAO:

Super Moderator
Had to Emergency stop my Evoque when a Freelander turned out of a side road in front of me while I was doing 60, its stops just fine when it needs to!!! :oops:

Registered
Dodgy those Freelander drivers 馃憖馃槺

21 - 27 of 27 Posts