1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Good price, I paid £250 for drilled Brembos and pads for rear last week

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Looking good. Hope you can get those stains off the block paving!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Super Moderator
2,506 Posts
Funny was thinking the same thing Vet!

Looks good though, I have a new set of OEM brembos ready to go on mine... although haven't used it much at all in the last 4 months so may go a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Don’t these cars seem to have tiny discs compared to the size of the wheel?

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good. Hope you can get those stains off the block paving!
Its only WD40 so will soon come off when I get round to the 5 year jet wash. ☺

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t these cars seem to have tiny discs compared to the size of the wheel?
Yeah unreal that a 2 tonne vehicle has 300mm discs and 302mm on the backs.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
All down to the pistons and pressure of the pads

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,257 Posts
Same size wheels on my F Type but bigger brakes 380mm

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
Nice job on the brake pads might let you do mine if you’re passing, will have to get a dust sheet for Monoblock though .... can’t be giving wd40 a bad name now😂😂😂

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice job on the brake pads might let you do mine if you’re passing, will have to get a dust sheet for Monoblock though .... can’t be giving wd40 a bad name now😂😂😂
Ha ha, I think im a seasoned professional now with brake discs and pads. It took me about 3 hours all into do the evoque because everything decided to be extremely tight so that's why some much WD40 was needed.

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
847 Posts
Do the discs increase in diameter as the engine size/bhp increases on the Evoque? I assume they do.

The P330e has 349mm on the front and 325mm on the rear

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do the discs increase in diameter as the engine size/bhp increases on the Evoque? I assume they do.

The P330e has 349mm on the front and 325mm on the rear
I know that the the 2.2td has 300mm fronts and 302mm rears. I think the only bigger ones are the petrol models which get 325mm fronts. Still not a big upgrade for the size and weight of the vehicle.

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
847 Posts
The question is how big to they need to be these days, my wife’s car is a 6L V12 and I’m sure her fronts are only 355 or 365 dia...they’re ruddy expensive I know that!

My 5.7L Hemi only had 330mm dia and that was way over 2t and 5m long....it did take almost a week to come to a standstill tho.

Caliper piston power and pad material must be a big factor in braking power and not just the disc.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Same size wheels on my F Type but bigger brakes 380mm
View attachment 5784
Those discs don’t look like they’ve been used yet...either you coast all day long or forget to brake...or both 👍✊👌

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Braking is for wimps 😎

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
847 Posts
Here Here @DKZ5745 ...well said 👍

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,257 Posts
Those discs don’t look like they’ve been used yet...either you coast all day long or forget to brake...or both 👍✊👌
They've been in the car since I got it 2 years ago but I've only done about 5500 miles . No idea when they went on though. I use engine breaking a lot so I'm not hard on brakes😀

1 - 20 of 27 Posts