Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Everyone

I’m Stuart, from Hull.

I took delivery of my 2015 Puretech Evoque in burgundy red (not sure what the colour is formally called) on Friday. Black roof, all leather interior, but, as far as “toys” go, I can name more that isn’t on than is! Leetle bit underwhelmed with that, and then further disappointed when I realised that the tailgate has a massive gap I can get my finger in on one side and barely any gap at all on the other; the bonnet has a catch-mark at the back where the wiper hits it when operational, and there‘s a -thing - missing from the underneath (not sure what it’s called - a piece of trim that sits directly forward of the front wheel. Anyone?).

Have to say I’m surprised at such poor build quality (missing trim excepted) on a vehicle this expensive when new.

That apart, it is a breath-taking drive, and that at least I have no complaints about.

And I have need to thank the Forum already - I was able to glean from the Membership how to set the Sat Nav with my Home destination. I had been trying all weekend and feared I would need to be taking a degree at Oxford University, before finally checking in with you crowd...and there it was. Well done! All I need to know now is how to do the bit at the bottom of my posts relating to model/year etc...

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,260 Posts
Hi Stu and welcome. It looks like you've bought a Pure model which is the base model. If you have sat nav it must have been optioned when the car was ordered from the factory. I think the colour is called Firenze red.

The misaligned tailgate is a known problem. Mine was slightly out but my local dealer had their bodyshop fix it for me under warranty.

The wipers shouldn't hit the bonnet when working but they have to be parked upright to lift them fully off the screen. It tells you how to do this in the handbook.

·
Registered
Sicilian yellow special edition.
764 Posts
Hello, Everyone

I’m Stuart, from Hull.

I took delivery of my 2015 Puretech Evoque in burgundy red (not sure what the colour is formally called) on Friday. Black roof, all leather interior, but, as far as “toys” go, I can name more that isn’t on than is! Leetle bit underwhelmed with that, and then further disappointed when I realised that the tailgate has a massive gap I can get my finger in on one side and barely any gap at all on the other; the bonnet has a catch-mark at the back where the wiper hits it when operational, and there‘s a -thing - missing from the underneath (not sure what it’s called - a piece of trim that sits directly forward of the front wheel. Anyone?).

Have to say I’m surprised at such poor build quality (missing trim excepted) on a vehicle this expensive when new.

That apart, it is a breath-taking drive, and that at least I have no complaints about.

And I have need to thank the Forum already - I was able to glean from the Membership how to set the Sat Nav with my Home destination. I had been trying all weekend and feared I would need to be taking a degree at Oxford University, before finally checking in with you crowd...and there it was. Well done! All I need to know now is how to do the bit at the bottom of my posts relating to model/year etc...

View attachment 3569
Hi Stu and welcome. It looks like you've bought a Pure model which is the base model. If you have sat nav it must have been optioned when the car was ordered from the factory. I think the colour is called Firenze red.

The misaligned tailgate is a known problem. Mine was slightly out but my local dealer had their bodyshop fix it for me under warranty.

The wipers shouldn't hit the bonnet when working but they have to be parked upright to lift them fully off the screen. It tells you how to do this in the handbook.

hi stu, I understand your problems, my first pure was low on goodies, the reason why I changed it after I year .

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I bought mine I was slightly disappointed about what it didn’t have but after a couple of months ownership I’m actually quite glad it’s not got electric everything. I’m perfectly capable of shutting the tailgate myself, I can lift my arm to dip the mirror, once I’ve adjusted the seat and steering column it stays there as I’m the only driver, I quite like checking the tyre pressures every now and again and can check the tyres at the same time, heated steering wheel might have been nice but I’m recently retired so don’t necessarily have to go out when it’s cold. Don’t think I’ll be changing it for quite some time.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Hi Stu, So thats you in the car park near North Ferriby, Nice car hope you enjoy it.
Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts