Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Galway Green Premium Lux SD4 Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to Evoque stewardship and have a 2012 Prestige Lux. Really pleased with the car, and enjoying the discovery. Can I ask what I fear is a possible silly question: what is the smoked black domed 'thing' on the roof lining above the lights?

Be gentle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome!

Before I joined this site I wondered for ages what it was. Turns out it's something to do with the TV - it lights up red when in use.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
520 Posts
Is it for the wireless headphones, they come with some strange named headphones I think, I have white fire in my mind but I know that is not right.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is it for the wireless headphones, they come with some strange named headphones I think, I have white fire in my mind but I know that is not right.
Ah could be. I’ve only ever noticed it lit up red when the tv was on but I don’t have the headphones so I didn’t think of those!

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts
@SidMuff Welcome to the forum (y)
"...enjoying the discovery" made me think you were on the wrong forum for a minute ;)

Not many new people seem to be able to pass the simple test of completing their vehicle details, so you are in the top few % 😎

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
Whitefire is correct (y)

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux
59 Posts
I thought that was to do with the keyless entry system.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
The part that is for the headphones to connect to wirelessly is where the sunglasses holder is in other models. I wouldn't call it domed.

·
Registered
2012 Galway Green Premium Lux SD4 Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the responses...it's appreciated. Just getting to grips with its myriad 'surprise and delight' features. Just installed some dynamic indicators to the mirrors and refreshed the remote key housings...the Range Rover logos are next. (y)

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
The part that is for the headphones to connect to wirelessly is where the sunglasses holder is in other models. I wouldn't call it domed.
Mines flat!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
3,260 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
You need to use the tube of gunk in the boot 🤔😆
[/QUOTE
spent ages with the angle grinder to get it flush with the roof lining 🤓

·
Registered
491 Posts
Been trying to get my glasses in there for ages. :cool:;)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Buy a monacle 🧐

·
Registered
491 Posts
Reactions: DKZ5745
1 - 15 of 15 Posts