Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to start off like this but I am trying to see if anyone has had similar experience ( I hope not) . Had Evoque ( hybrid auto) delivered oct 2021 with one key fob due to everything going on. Anyways cutting it to chase, was told that 2 nd fob arrived and to the car to dealershipfor programming..couple of hours they said..well they managed to corrupt the telematic control module and our car is still there after 3 weeks waiting..no communication unless we phone and never getting a direct answer or timeline..anyone knows something about how this is even possible cause we are desperate at this point!

·
Registered
2013 L538 2.2 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,698 Posts
Welcome to the EOC!
To get the best out of any forum it really is good to introduce yourself and your car so we can understand where you are coming from.
I do hope they have provided a nice courtesy Range Rover while they have yours?

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Welcome 🖖🏻 It sound like you have had a terrible start to your JLR ownership. I have read I think one of our overseas members having similar problems, although I think that was more to do with problems programming the second fob when it eventually arrived.

Please do keep us updated with the progress as it may help other members who might find themselves in a similar situation.

In the meantime, have a browse here….

Reactions: Gtiaps

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto Yulong White Black Pack Few Subtle Mods
1,578 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum and Evoque ownership I hope they get your issue sorted so you can start to enjoy your Evoque 😊

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum ... you've not had a good start but not all dealers are like this and hopefully you'll be back and running soon and can start enjoying what is a great car honestly ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update - car now sleeping for a month - no word when the module will be shipped to dealer- all we are being told is that it is classified as hazardous shipping - no timeline nothing- maybe someone on this forum can help cause we are at our wits end

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
Hi, welcome!
Here in the UK just about anything with a battery is classed as hazardous. That goes frob my doorbell all the way up to really high capacity drone batteries. They still get sent through the customs and mail systems without problems. I hope they’ve loaned you a nice car. They messed up, not you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, welcome!
Here in the UK just about anything with a battery is classed as hazardous. That goes frob my doorbell all the way up to really high capacity drone batteries. They still get sent through the customs and mail systems without problems. I hope they’ve loaned you a nice car. They messed up, not you!
Oh no we only got a Mini countryman🙄 . We are really exasparated as JLR UK refuse to give us any info even though we know through the local dealer that they diagnosed the corrupted software and adviced for it to be replaced. All we are asking is when this part will be sent, some sort of timeline but blank walls are all we are coming up against . I posted on this forum in desperation as I read the JLR customer service sometimes read the posts 😩

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,141 Posts
That might get a response when they next come on but they've not been active since 2nd February this year

Reactions: Stefarr

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Ring JLR Customer Services

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
I think by now am with @Veteran on this one now I would possibly be ringing customer services ..
Phone Lines Open;
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00
Phone: 0370 5000500

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
it does make you wonder how they manage to make the actual car in the 1st place .. but most probably specific chips unique to the smart key that most other car manufactures use as well which are in very short supply .. will only get worse now China is playing up over Taiwan (a global chip producer)

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
There are threads on the Freel2 forum about dealer ‘technicians’ programming cars for new keys (the keys are effectively dumb, it’s the module that is programmable) that would make an IT person cry, many of them ending in needing new control modules because they’ve b***ered the original. Looks like Land Rover (or their ‘highly trained technicians’) haven’t learned.

• Wow
Reactions: Angel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are threads on the Freel2 forum about dealer ‘technicians’ programming cars for new keys (the keys are effectively dumb, it’s the module that is programmable) that would make an IT person cry, many of them ending in needing new control modules because they’ve b***ered the original. Looks like Land Rover (or their ‘highly trained technicians’) haven’t learned.
Yes our dealership said their technicians are trained by JLR UK - however we are still without any definite reply from local dealer and JLR UK who are becoming so difficult to contact!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts