Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Just received my 21 plate Autobiography in Firenze Red. I am knocking on a bit (77 years) and find the specs initially very daunting to grasp.
I have got the p300 engine with extras such as sliding panoramic roof, Black exterior pack, luxury carpet mats ( a ridiculous £185 ) and other bits and bobs.
(getting rid of some of the kids inheritance).
I had a Dash Cam in the other car I traded in and removed it expecting to be able to fit it in the Evoque. No such luck as the power sockets are situated near the cup holders in the middle front and are nowhere near to be of any use.
Can anyone please give me help on how to get round this problem please?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
If you look through the site, do a search you’ll find lots of info to hard wire one in 😁

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts
I hard wired my dashcam to the fusebox behind the glovebox and used a piggyback fuse holder. I had the previous model though so not sure if that's possible on the latest model.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts
Try reading this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reply..at first glance it looks complicated for my 77 year old brain. I will study it and look for further help if needed (most probably will need it)

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R Dynamic S P300e 1.5 - Fuji White
19 Posts
I've plugged my dashcam in the back power socket in between the rear seats. It's out the way and leaves the middle console socket free if I ever need it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did the same as @Indie24

Cable runs behind the headliner, across the A-pillar, then is tucked in behind the door seal, all the way to the B-pillar. At that point, I've run it across to the rear socket and hidden the excess under the passenger seat.

I've hardwired dash cams in the past, but chose this method as it negates the need for a hardwire kit and I can easily remove the dash cam completely if need be.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
311 Posts
Halfords will fit a dash cam for you if you don't fancy the task yourself.

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
Halfords have fitted 6 for me. 1 x Kuga, 2 x Focus, 2 x Evoques & 1 x Jaguar. Very good service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts